Closed Thread
Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by change log
Camera application no longer opens when screen is locked and the camera button is pressed
Bummer, I relied on this "feature" quite alot.
It allowed me to quickly snap a photo instead of having to unlock the screen first.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
I've also problems to update from .15 to .16. There are some packages still missing.

Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Bummer, I relied on this "feature" quite alot.
It allowed me to quickly snap a photo instead of having to unlock the screen first.
You canīt use the camera cover to open the camera app and after taking pictures close the cover? The phone goes back to locked state.

Originally Posted by jafd View Post
I have found why my phone behaved so weirdly.

The maintainer of libgtk2.0-0 package forgot (or didn't know) that one must do update-gdk-pixbuf-loaders after package installation. What's even more strange and weird is that /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders was overwritten at all. Why in the world would one want THAT?

Okay. I did update-gdk-pixbuf-loaders, and all is good and sweet except that the on-screen keyboard is gone. So is Fn+Sym.

How do you guys test your updates? Do you ever try incremental upgrades from PR1.3 to the last one? Do you do that on real devices? Do you test if custom settings are retained?
BIG THANKS to you! I had the same problem and I suspected it to be something like that but I didn't have the time to investigate

Now if someone could fix the keyboard for us I would be a more or less happy N900 user again

Thanks again

Originally Posted by jafd View Post
..... except that the on-screen keyboard is gone. So is Fn+Sym.
you need to hold those keys while pressing the other one... although the previous "sticky" behaviour was much nicer and I hope we will be able to recover it..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to friesoft For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Thanks for this great update. I have only found two issues:

- GTK dialogues in portrait mode, such as those launched from the Status Area (bluetooth, connect to...), work OK unless the phone application is opened, no matter if its focused or not, then the dialogues are shown in landscape.
I have also tested that it happens also with other applications opened but only when focused like Fapman, Filebox,... even if they are in portrait mode, launching a dialogue from the status area goes to landscape.

- The second issue is quite bizarre. While doing all these tests, my desktop get blurred and couldn't recover it. The power key button was working but there wasn't any application running so I had to reboot. I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
in the changelog it says :1) osso-calculator-Portrait mode in calculator rewrite

do i have to install anything.the default calculator is still in landscape

2) hildon desktop-Implemented a blacklist for rotation
can anyone please tell me what does it mean? (noob question sorry)

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Installed CSSU 16, didn't mess with transitions.ini.

Then updated to newest CSSU Features Configuration released today but I have this error:

"Reading the configuration file settings gave a FATAL ERROR while loading..."

Maybe, the CSSU update didn't triggered the newest entries for settings and now CSSU Configurator can't read it.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
2) hildon desktop-Implemented a blacklist for rotation
can anyone please tell me what does it mean? (noob question sorry)
Read this and this.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Marble Maps isn't working anymore after the CSSU Update can anybody confirm this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade