Expansys UK are now showing 9th of December for the N900 and play.com 31st of December.

Should be interesting to see what happens. It could be the only way to get this thing before Christmas is from Nokia direct.

Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Same as most here, used multiple discounts to pre-order in October, then today received the "Order ready to be processed" email, followed later by the "Order cancelled due to credit card failure".

I had my suspicions that the order would be cancelled as I did take the p1ss a bit (3 x 15% discounts and 10% cashback on N900 and spare battery) but the sneaky way in which (I believe) Nokia Shop has gone about cancelling the orders has annoyed me. There is very little doubt in my mind that Nokia have put through the debit and credit card charges in a way in which the card companies are likely to perceive as fraudulent transactions and cancel them.

Has anyone had their order cancelled that didn’t have discount codes on their order?
think your spot on here. i rang my bank he said it was to stop fraud

Originally Posted by mahousaru View Post
GreyMobiles Clear Crystal Skin Case For Nokia N900 from Amazon UK. It was a couple of quid, and I hope to be the first to give it a good review
Thanks! Got the clear Greymobiles one, and the all black one from EMartbuy... only cheap. Not sure which I liked best.

Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
Thanks! Got the clear Greymobiles one, and the all black one from EMartbuy... only cheap. Not sure which I liked best.
Nice one

Quick heads up, there is no gap for the flip out stand, but I don't plan on using it.

Last edited by mahousaru; 2009-11-23 at 22:43.

After reading this thread I phoned Barclays and they confirmed that the money had been taken by Nokia

(I phoned initially to make sure they authorize the transaction and forgo the complications I had read about/loose my discounts)

But anyways, all jokes aside I think this thread reflects poorly on us Brits. In every other thread when a native consumer posts info on how to get the device either a) sooner b) cheaper they don't debate they use that free advice to their advantage.

Just for confirmation I spoke to Nokia twice today. Again at the regent street store and Nokia.co.uk both said that other retailers are allowed (by agreement) to use their brand/brand likeness

But both confirmed that if either were part of Nokia they would receive and dispatch the devices the same time as NOKIA

As they would have access to the same stock!!! And Shipping agreements!!!

BTW Carphonewarehouse &phones4U are both expecting delivery early Dec? Perhaps the 3rd?

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Ive said it several times in this thread - dont believe one word MPD ever tell you.

(Plus look at the English in their email - its rather poor)
If you look at the standard of english in this thread its pretty poor aswell

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ShutUpYouFace View Post
On another note, are these being dispatched from within the UK or will it be dispatched from Finland?
It seems that all orders from Nokia Online Shops in Europe are shipped from Netherlands.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Anwarboy11 View Post
Anyone know why Mobilephones direct hasn't shipped yet!
I suspect its because Nokia Online Shops' orders are shipped from the same warehouse(s) in Netherlands that ship to retailers like MPD. And the warehouse(s) starts shipments at the same time to retailers and to the customers of Nokia Online Shops.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by att View Post
I suspect its because Nokia Online Shops' orders are shipped from the same warehouse(s) in Netherlands that ship to retailers like MPD. And the warehouse(s) starts shipments at the same time to retailers and to the customers of Nokia Online Shops.
I guess this is why Komplett.no got 27th as confirmed date. Shipped from Netherlands to Norway. No Nokia Online Shop here.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Surrey
I ordered an E72 with discount codes and a N900 plus 3 discount codes. These were two seperate orders and the E72 order went like this. UK Webstore was used. This should give you an indication for shipping times. Not bad if you ask me. My N900 has express shipping.

netherlands to the UK

This was free shipping option.
13th Received the stock email being released for processing
13th Payment Taken

Status
Activity Actual date & time Shipment Current Status Who Track & trace
Shipped from Warehouse 16-Nov-2009 16:15 UPS
Delivered to destination 18-Nov-2009 10:31 UPS Track & trace

So for my N900 order
23rd Received the stock email being released for processing
23rd Payment Taken
Following to be updated..... :-)