Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
What happened to this repo? I'd like to check it out but it seems down

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
I have stopped doing Maemo development and that repo is no longer available.

I can give someone access to the files if they copy them to a new server they maintain.

what's the compressed archive size? I'm sure I can find a server to plop it on for posterity sake.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I could host it at qole.org as well... I supposedly have unlimited bandwidth and I haven't been hassled about any of my Easy Debian downloads, which can be north of 70 GB a month for Dreamhost...

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
I would really like this a lot. Is there any guide out there which is pretty thorough in how to port applications from Debian to maemo? I've been wanting finch for so long you see.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
jebba: thanks for re-activating the repo. Any chance of tarring it all up for us and leaving it somewhere, so I can get a copy for my repo?

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Just PM me if you need a new host for the files

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by qole View Post
jebba: thanks for re-activating the repo. Any chance of tarring it all up for us and leaving it somewhere, so I can get a copy for my repo?
Shouldn't wget -m or wget -r work?

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
So far, no luck. I tried from dreamhost, and it first downloads all sorts of spurious index.html files and a bunch of multi-gigabyte facebook name lists. I tried again with
Code:
wget http://obra.freemoe.org -m -R index.html*,facebook*
and that was working for a while (~20 minutes) and then I got:
Yikes! One of your processes (wget, pid 16102) was just killed because your processes are, as a whole, consuming too much memory. If you believe you've received this message in error, please contact Support.
I guess I could try with my own machine, but the bandwidth is a lot more limited...

The simplest method is to post a freemoe-etch.tar.bz2 file.

Tried again. wget 1.11.4 (the version in use on my dreamhost server) doesn't seem to want to get the files at the end of each directory (files like the ones in this directory). I don't know why...

EDIT: Same thing's happening on my home computer, running Lucid's wget 1.12! HUH?!

Last edited by qole; 2010-12-12 at 04:45.