Poll: Will you buy the Jolla phone?
Poll Options
Will you buy the Jolla phone?

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Udemzy View Post
Will there be a sailfish port for the N9?
No never, and there will be no port to n900 either... there wont even be sailfish on the new jolla phone... it is all scam!

(for those not following it... for those who do, you might already know what was said +10 times that there will be a community update for N9 AFTER the initial release by jolla)

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I hope there are few exNokian hardware engineers that will guide them well.
So the company that was formed by former nokia employees (engineers, h/s developers from the Meego department) is called what...? You follow close to every thread that is worth trolling and knowingly troll it... keep it up... I will be watching for another while. A and well, next time you report me to...wait... me! Think about it again and then... think again!

Last edited by chemist; 2013-06-07 at 13:20.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
You follow close to every thread that is worth trolling and knowingly troll it... keep it up... I will be watching for another while. A and well, next time you report me to...wait... me! Think about it again and then... think again!

Hey, seems it's getting interesting here, again!? Maybe i should watch closely for next couple o'days - keep the 'corn munching distractions coming.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post

Hey, seems it's getting interesting here, again!? Maybe i should watch closely for next couple o'days - keep the 'corn munching distractions coming.

Will you buy the jolla phone? Yes, I'm sure you will eventually!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
No never, and there will be no port to n900 either... there wont even be sailfish on the new jolla phone... it is all scam!

(for those not following it... for those who do, you might already know what was said +10 times that there will be a community update for N9 AFTER the initial release by jolla)

So the company that was formed by former nokia employees (engineers, h/s developers from the Meego department) is called what...? You follow close to every thread that is worth trolling and knowingly troll it... keep it up... I will be watching for another while. A and well, next time you report me to...wait... me! Think about it again and then... think again!
Name the ex NOKIA hardware engineers that are at Jolla?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
New jolla.com website.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
New jolla.com website.
meeh its a week old but for those who not have noticed it. It works better now with mobile.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Name the ex NOKIA hardware engineers that are at Jolla?
name the hardware engineers that designed your lumia 620.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Will you buy the jolla phone? Yes, I'm sure you will eventually!
...why should i? Just for showing support to a company that (until this week?) couldn't even create a proper website?

Let's see how Jolla's infrastructure and application availability will have played out the 12 months _after_ they have delivered.
I'm not fanatical like some 'FOSS-only' guys around here, and i will especially _not_ freely churn out bucks for something that even the specs are not given!

If Jolla can prove us they can execute properly, they are on my short-/comparison list for future devices that i will acquire. Just being a bunch of ex-Nokians (that like to hang out mostly on IRC, Twitter & F*ckbook -> ...) using Mer that happended to also being involved in Harmattan and maybe Maemo is not providing enough ground for trust in them alone, will have to watch them for quite a while.

But: as it stands for 'being able to execute properly'; their entire way of communications can be purely labeled as 'fail', up to this point.

For now, thank you very much, but i've recently invested in devices that 'work' - they are running ('copy-cat') Android. I don't care for that circumstance, by the way. And i don't need more gadgets, i'm not some collector or one of those people that need to check out & get the latest... until their desk is full with devices.

Sorry for sounding almost like Lubeman, but i'm old & experienced enough now for not blindly following/buying into hype, whatever foundation it's coming from. And i've developed a special dislike for hackjobs over last year's course or so. And wanting something proven is not like "Europeans blindly following mainstream hypes", as some certain dorky basement-dwelling Swedes here like to spit out every so often. Who is following a hype here, if i may ask? Better think (and think deeply, when you should do) about it. Almost the same things happened here shortly before the N9 came out, which turned out to be a bit of a turd in certain areas; expectations, hardware reliability, or compared to its predecessors.

Now i just read that we have a F*ckbook so-called "Maemo" fanpage that prominently features.... the Jolla device. Excuse, me - huh? Did TMO somehow get (previously asked for) sponsoring or something else from them? The dimensions of this hype and sorry to say, but cult of followers are increasing...

...hats off to Mr. gerbick & Mr. danramos btw

PS.: having a heavy flood here since last weekend to take care of, so what's happening in Finland is currently of even less interest.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2013-06-09 at 16:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I think I'll go rant on an android forum how their multitasking sucks. There must be some kind of reward doing that, certainly...

Don't get me wrong, I *know* some aspects of maemo suck, no need to remind me of that in every thread, but it WORKSFORME and I'm here because, you know what? it works for me better than my Galaxy Note. I hope, (and have clear indications that) the Jolla phone will work for me too.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:

Tags
fanboy, gy_wp_sy, jolla, jolla phone, theoclueless, theotool