Active Topics

Can anyone suggest how I might troubleshoot the error dialog:
Internal error. Application 'Web' closed.

This occurs every time I open the web browser in 2007HE on my 770.
I'm sure I've just gotten something out of whack but I hate to have to do a reflash.

I've tried running /usr/bin/browser from xterm to see if it would give more detailed output to the console, but it doesn't.

I've also googled quite a bit.

If you were getting this error, what would you do?

Thanks

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
I get that quite often when closing the browser on my N800 since I did the latest firware update.

Opera goes poof on a lot of sites when browsing with flash enabled and produces that same error for me.

I can't browse any sites; it does this as soon as I open the browser.

I'm also getting the same error when trying to access the internet.
"internal error Application "Web" closed "

I'm using the N800 . I've only had the unit for two days and tried to load a Maemo application from maemo.org

I noticed I was constantly getting the missing file "libxau0" message so I tried searching for this file to install... but couldn't find it ?? Since then I've read in a few posts that "libxau0 is an old file that was used with the ver.2 (2006 os) and is really not required for the 2007 OS but get this .. alot of the older software applications created stilll need it.... Any way to cut a long story short while I was at Maemo.org I insalled the Maemo Mapper. Now I can't access the net any more ?? I also flicked over to using the "Red Pill" (have changed that back to blue now)
the red pill allows more detailed user settings etc... (a bit like hacking a pc game with a secret password that unlocks hidden realms ....

Even after I removed Maemo Mapper ( I don;t think Mapper was creating any conflict in the first place) but something has gone wrong now I'm guessing that maybe by updating to the latest OS (the one with skype) this might fix my problem.. I'm going in to university later today and will try using a PC there to load up the new OS.. right now I'm on a mac... I read here in the forum about flashing the N800 bt I want to exhaust other options before flashing.. sounds abit scarey...

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Toronto
This may sound a bit funny, but try searching the file you are looking for on google and I'd say with-in the first 10 results you will find a way to locate the file you are looking for...

It may take a little looking around but I am sure you will find it, because I have been able to and I have run into that problem with many applications.

The N800 is a buggy device with louzy support...

Originally Posted by testerj View Post
The N800 is a buggy device with louzy support...
First off, the word is spelled "lousy" and not "louzy".
Second, the N800 is not a "buggy device". Something YOU are doing is probably causing the bugs or you're confusing "user interface design and intent" with "bugs".
Third, the support is not "lousy" at all, these forums are proof of that. There's also a very well-documented website/domain for both the N770 and N800 (maemo.org) as well as an active developer's mailing list with the Maemo devs themselves on it answering questions.

The Following User Says Thank You to iball For This Useful Post:
I have had this problem multiple times. What I have done to fix this is go into /home/user/.opera and delete cache file and that seemed to fix it. Once it locked up on download and so I deleted download.dat and that fixed it too.

Awesome! You rock!
I was soooo close to reflashing. All I did was rm /home/user/.opera/cache4/*.dat and now the browser loads up just fine.

Originally Posted by comptechgeek View Post
I have had this problem multiple times. What I have done to fix this is go into /home/user/.opera and delete cache file and that seemed to fix it. Once it locked up on download and so I deleted download.dat and that fixed it too.
Just wanted to say thanks, you are my hero