Active Topics

For a while my sig has linked to a wiki page explaining how to hack the N900 (and I assume earlier Maemo devices') browser to go to various search sites. It includes a rather dirty kludge to the technique
developed by evad and Viqsi in this thread which I developed to search traintimes.org.uk; however, this kludge involved having to put /s between stations rather than spaces, which annoyed me. I've therefore spent a little time understanding Visqi's JavaScript and put a more UK-centric version of his file (it defaults to google.co.uk and searches Oxford dictionaries rather than dictionary.com) with a slightly cleaner version of my extension together. This is attached.

For people who've not used traintimes.org.uk, it's a clean, quick-to-load frontend to the National Rail Enquiries db. You can download journey times to your calendar and, I've just discovered, it will search for the nearest station if you use n or nearest as the start. Anyway, I hope it's of use to someone; **EDIT** I've amended the wiki page with the new gen.
Attached Files
File Type: txt search.txt (1.8 KB, 713 views)

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2010-10-06 at 19:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post: