Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
I've recently stumbled upon this :

- Activate the automatic screen lock with security code
- Activate Silent Mode Profile
- Activate Offline Mode
- Slide the "turn screen off" button at the side

Let the N900 rest for some time and try to reactivate it by using the slider button at the side.

Results: "enter security code" window, but N900 not responding to any touch input. Have to reboot (hold power off) at this time, then everything is working again.

This happend two to three times for me. Without offline mode I've got no problems (Silent + autolock works).

Can somebody please confirm this issue here and file a bug ?
Thanks in advance

if u Activate Silent Mode Profile then you are impossible to Activate Offline Mode. what's going on?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
@Renkon: I just followed your steps and don't have the touch screen problem you mentioned.

@gddhthrhrhr: I was able to active Offline Mode when I'm in Silent Mode Profile, and vice versa.

I was having problems with Offline Mode and the Camera. When I turned on Offline Mode, then tried to take a picture, it would start to process the picture and then the camera app would just crash. I had to turn it off and back on again before it would work. Might be related?

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
Originally Posted by hwong_pz View Post
@Renkon: I just followed your steps and don't have the touch screen problem you mentioned.

@gddhthrhrhr: I was able to active Offline Mode when I'm in Silent Mode Profile, and vice versa.
Wait for the autolock to kick in. Be sure to have a security code active, that will lock the phone.
Let it rest for 1-3 hours, maybe even lay it surface down, so the proximity sensor thinks it is in your pocket.

It always happens when I'm finished with my 2-3 hour exams. The n900 is in my backpack for this time.