Notices

When I aim the camera at myself the image is right side up. When I swivel the camera to point it away from me so I can use the screen as a view finder the image is upside down. amazingly it remains upside down if I turn the n800 upside down. It is also upside down if I put the n800 in portrait orientation - it does not matter if the camera is at the top or the bottom. It's devilish. it seems to know what I want to do and purposely does teh opposite. I know I can use software to turn the video right side up but this is most annoying. I assume it is tied into the inclinometer but I could not find how to disable that. does anyone know?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by TambourineMan View Post
When I swivel the camera to point it away from me so I can use the screen as a view finder the image is upside down.
The camera should flip automatically as you rotate it away from you; however, some N800 users have reported a bug such as you've described. It seems to have been introduced by Diablo. See: Diablo & N800 camera question

amazingly it remains upside down if I turn the n800 upside down. It is also upside down if I put the n800 in portrait orientation - it does not matter if the camera is at the top or the bottom. It's devilish.
No, you're simply rotating both the camera and the screen.