Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
There's definitely lots of things I've done that could have caused it - I'm not thinking the rim/firmware is to blame. I jist wondered if anyone might have insight as to what to look into.
It pretty much shows up the same on any app, and in terminal 'ls' for both /media/sdcard and /run/media/nemo.
The strange thing is that all of those partitions are actually mounted there. If I umount, for example, then the entries go away, but then those partitions are inaccessible. I probably messed up something while messing around with mount command...
Just make sure you don't write/format/change these partitions. Some of them may contain vital firmware or bootloader and you can probably brick (like really brick) the device.

As for what have caused it, I don't know.

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Does anyine know what good things or noticeable improvements could an aarch64 build actually bring to the device or user experience? Are we to expect massive improvement in performance of the device altogether?

The Following User Says Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lal View Post
Does anyine know what good things or noticeable improvements could an aarch64 build actually bring to the device or user experience? Are we to expect massive improvement in performance of the device altogether?
The update is 2-in-1: AOSP10 and aarch64. I guess (but never tested) that AOSP10/arm32 bit is possible. However, I am not aware of any port going that route.

AOSP10 should bring better camera experience. It is better from my limited testing, but maybe users can check that properly. Or at least see subjectively.

aarch64 would allow to use current Flatpak platforms. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it work with hybris properly. Got frustrated for a week and decided to move on. So, right now, hard to say much regarding advantages in practice.

Disadvantage: less apps available now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Just make sure you don't write/format/change these partitions. Some of them may contain vital firmware or bootloader and you can probably brick (like really brick) the device.

As for what have caused it, I don't know.
just thought you might be interested (see most recent exchange between me and olf in the comments) - https://openrepos.net/content/olf/mount-sdcard

just thought you might be interested (see most recent exchange between me and olf in the comments) - https://openrepos.net/content/olf/mount-sdcard
Dear @levone1, @rinigus already has been pointed to this issue by an @-mention in mount-sdcard's issue #41 (pointing directly to the corresponding issue here, instead mount-sdcard in general).

But as neither you or I have something specific to ask or suggest yet, I think it is a bit premature to push for a reaction (to what question?).
And IMO this is the wrong place (again; as FSO is)!
From my experience and perspective it is solely getting on ones nerves, when people try to make their issues known in as many places as possible quickly.

And IMO, that you seem to have wrecked your SFOS installation somehow ultimately falls back on you: While mount-sdcard makes all these system partitions user accessible, it does not alter them. If you destroyed your SFOS installation leveraging mount-sdcard, you must have performed additional steps to write on them.

Last edited by olf; 2021-05-30 at 13:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
Dear @levone1, @rinigus already has been pointed to this issue by an @-mention in mount-sdcard's issue #41 (pointing directly to the corresponding issue, instead mount-sdcard in general).

But as neither you or I have something specific to ask or suggest yet, I think it is a bit premature to push for a reaction (to what question?).
And IMO this is the wrong place (again; as FSO is)!
From my experience and perspective it is solely getting on ones nerves, when people try to make their issues known in as many places as possible quickly.

And IMO, that you seem to have wrecked your SFOS installation somehow ultimately falls back on you: While mount-sdcard makes all these system partitions user accessible, it does not alter them. If you destroyed your SFOS installation leveraging mount-sdcard, you must have performed additional steps to write on them.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't post here looking for or demanding any explanation or answer to anything. I had asked rinigus about it before I knew what was happening, and I just thought he might be interested in seeing our interaction about it - I didn't know you already let him know. I didn't think I was trying tomake anything known in as many places as possible, or trying to put blame on anyone for anything. I'm just interested in these things, so trying ro make efforts to contribute. Also not sure whay Sailfish installation you think I destroyed. I've been using Sailfish for ay least a few years on 5 or 6 devices, and I'm constantly experimenting, modding, flashing and re-flashing, so I have no expectations or demands from anyone, and no blame to give. My current installation is just fine, and I haven't communicated anything negative about anything I've done or anyone else has done. Just trying to help...
I appreciate your work and input. I'm happy to keep the discussion on Github.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. [...] Just trying to help...
I appreciate your work and input. I'm happy to keep the discussion on Github.
O.K.
Then I am sincerely sorry for being harsh.

But please stay calm and provide others (in this case: me) with time to think, react and coordinate, so we can all carry on constructively working together.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
Dear @levone1, @rinigus already has been pointed to this issue by an @-mention in mount-sdcard's issue #41 [...].
mount-sdcard 1.8.0 handles the different (compared to all devices supported by Jolla) mapping of the device-internal, fixed mass storage on some community device adaptations (Xperia XZ[23]{c}, FxTec Proš etc.) well.

The Following User Says Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
@rinigus - I was chatting with someone on TG who is running this port on their XZ2c dual sim, and they're having battery-drain problems. They noticed that the phone never goes into sleep, even with no apps opem and the screen off, battery current level is always active. I don't have that issue. He's tried disabling services, and uninstalling apps, etc, but can't trace it.
Do you have any ideas to troubleshoot, or, are you on Telegram, (he doesn't have TMO account)?

I get battery draining once in a while (once in couple of weeks) and then just reboot. Haven't pinpointed it to anything specific either.

Had been very busy with other issues during the last few weeks, so couldn't even start testing aarch64/aosp10 port properly. Let's hope that it will improve.

Re TG - no, I don't have account there. IRC/Matrix SFOS channels can be used, but hard to say much regarding this issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: