Notices

Originally Posted by pauldf View Post
I think I tried omweather once, and settled on Forcea because it did what I want out of the box, instead of me having to wade through lots of configuration to get it there. I'll probably give it another try since it's worth it if it refreshes properly.

OK, I just gave omweather another try. I think there are a few unfortunate issues with it, but once I took the time to set it up, it looks like it may do a better job than Forcea's applet. First off, the defaults are less than ideal. When I started it up, it had lots of N/A's and light-grey circles stretched across the entire width of my N810, overlaying other applets. (This may have been partly my fault; it seemed to have remembered some settings from when I had installed it previously.) Second, the setting for how many days ahead to show the forecast isn't clearly labeled; I tried changing it, looked at the result, and went "oh, so that's what that setting does". Third, moving it around was tricky (with the long-click setting); sometimes, it wouldn't move at all, sometimes it would pull up the pop-up menu, sometimes, it goes straight to the details screen. Moving it around also seems to be an issue with Forcea's applet, so maybe this is really an issue in OS2008. Regardless, this would be less confusing if there weren't so many different things clicking could mean. (Maybe replacing the text < and > with clickable icons would help a little here, but there are still at least 3 other things to do with tapping & dragging.)

Once I shrunk the icon size and the number of days to show by default, and moved it to not overlap with other applets, it seems like it's pretty reasonable. It'd be nice to have a way to display icons for night weather as well, with an icon for every 12 hours instead of 24, and the hi/lo display matching the day/night icons; I think this would fit well with the smaller icon sizes.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Turkmenistan
Originally Posted by wazd View Post
The funny thing was a Foreca guy, advertising this applet on russian n8x0 forums He said that "OMWeather doesn't have his city in it's db, and Foreca does!" but he didn't say what city is exactly missing. Ah, those funny commercial partners...
I live in Turkmenistan in city Mary. OMWeather does not have my city in it`s db. That is why i prefer Foreca Weather. And i am not funny commercial partner.