Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
While doing research on IPv6, I decided I wanted to experiment at home. My router runs OpenWRT, so it is IPv6 capable. All of the family computers are capable, so I went on a Google search to see if the NIT was IPv6.

I discovered that it wasn't "out of the box." Then, I stumbled on a very cool web site:

http://www.ist-anemone.eu

Anemone is a testbed area for Mobile IP (MIP) and IPv6. There are several white papers and a demo area showing a recent demonstration of MIP. Among the devices used for the demo were two N800s.

Follow this link:

http://www.ist-anemone.eu/index.php/Maemo_IPv6_howto

to learn more. It requires flashing a new kernel. The Howto refers to the Windows flasher, but I used Fanoush's flasher and it worked fine.

I'm still working my way through it all. Hopefully, this will be of interest to some of you. I did do a search for IPv6 and Anemone before posting.

Mitch

FOLLOWUP: I've been able to flash the kernel, and install all of the utilities on the ist-anemone.eu web site. A note on the busybox package...it has a wget included, so if you have the wget package already installed, it'll error out, even with 'Red Pill'.

Time to get to the OpenWRT site, and start going through the IPv6 wiki...

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Last edited by deeteroderdas; 2008-04-08 at 01:24.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deeteroderdas For This Useful Post:
Will you please make a .deb when you figure it out. We will all be eternally greatfull. Dan

Originally Posted by dan View Post
Will you please make a .deb when you figure it out. We will all be eternally greatfull. Dan
The .deb's are already there....Take another minute to look around the HowTo...There is a link to add the repository of needed files.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Last edited by deeteroderdas; 2008-04-08 at 11:35.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hmm, thanks.

I'd be interested in the USAGI patches to add to my kernel. Does anyone know if they require modification or can you apply them straight.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I just wanted to say that I compiled my kernel with Ipv6 and KotCzarny's build of XMMS has ipv6 enabled in configure argument too.

Goody Goody!!! It isn't a default like it is in linux firefox most of the time!! (domains being first accessed on a ipv6 device on a non-ipv6 network will take a significantly long time to connect to)

Well, for now, I've reverted back to the SDHC-patched kernel. When I patched using the IPv6 enabled kernel, I lost access to my external MMC. 16GB and no more access to all my tunes, movies, etc.

Now, to learn how to cross-compile a kernel. I haven't compiled a Linux kernel since RedHat 7.x days...

Mitch