Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Really? Like better quality or louder? When I tested my cousin's iPhone 3G and my n800 the n800 was louder. As for quality I'm not an audiophile so I can't tell a difference.
Whatever the case concerning speakers, I can verify that iPods/Phones have MUCH louder headphone output (even after using the ALSA mixer). I really hope this is fixed in the new device.

Tim

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@laughing man: I will have to do a direct side by side comparison again. But by my recollection, the 3G\3GS design reproduce better lows somehow, so it doesn't sound as 'tinny' as the n800 by comparison.

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Whatever the case concerning speakers, I can verify that iPods/Phones have MUCH louder headphone output (even after using the ALSA mixer). I really hope this is fixed in the new device.

Tim
I can confirm that as well. The headphone output on the n800 is kinda pathetic..If I'm in a crowded area such as a convention I have to crank up the volume in both pannuci, the tablet's volume to 100%. And then even my bluetooth headphone's volume up.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I can confirm that as well. The headphone output on the n800 is kinda pathetic..If I'm in a crowded area such as a convention I have to crank up the volume in both pannuci, the tablet's volume to 100%. And then even my bluetooth headphone's volume up.

The only time that the volume on my N800 is too low is when I transfer a DVD movie to a media file and don't set the audio gain factor correctly. With the volume all the way up, my music (mp3) is
uncomfortably load.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
What's the impedance of your headphones?

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I have some (old, designed for walkman) sennheiser headphones which are 32 ohm and the tablet will drive them uncomfortably loud.