Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Corn Field, OH
will this run on a n700??

Originally Posted by tayedrumma View Post
will this run on a n700??
Assuming you mean 770... Basically, yes; I originally wrote this app for an on my 770, and it definitely worked at that time. However, I haven't tested these precise instructions on my 770 in the last week, and they probably would need some tweaking (s/bora/mistral/).

I'll try it out in the next few days; if you want to try it yourself before that, please say what you find.

- Neil

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Corn Field, OH
it would be great if you could test these out and then maybe pm me some detailed instructions if you dont want to put them in the thread. I'm so lost on this linux thing

We recompiled the gnome metronome GTick for maemo. Have a look at
http://maetronome.garage.maemo.org.

I downloaded the N800 DEB file, installed it and restarted. When I start the application (Gtick) it says loading and then nothing happens??? I have a N770.

Newbie, Nokia 770 User

Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
I downloaded the N800 DEB file, installed it and restarted. When I start the application (Gtick) it says loading and then nothing happens??? I have a N770.
Does the same on the 810.
The garage page says that the startup bug has been fixed, but...

I can start it if I use the command line, but It will not play sound. I get and error, "Couldn't start metronome. Please check if specified sound device and sample file are accessible.". My sould device is set to /dev/dsp and the sound is set to default.

I have not had a chance to look into this any further. Does anyone know what the sound device on the N800/os2008 shoud be?

A working metronome can be obtained as follows:

On the n810: (I guess it will work on others too)

1) Visit this web site: http://www.metronomeonline.com
2) Menu -> Web page -> Save as -> (Type = Complete web page)
3) Using the filemanager, visit the directory where you saved it.
4) Browse through the directory and you will find a Flash file called "metronome"
5) double-click on this Flash file and a web browser will open with a working metronome. (A warning will appear, just click OK).

(You can delete all the other files, only the Flash file is required).

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
thats smart hgtablet, why make a new application when flash works just as well. All u have to do is make a .desktop shortcut and you are done!

Or this can be done easily with PDa (Puredata anywhere):

http://gige.xdv.org/pda/