Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I don't know why but while reading these threads I have an urge to go insane and start running around and shout arbitrary opinions like a maniac. And the more I think that some people will take me seriously and try to convince me I am wrong the more I want to do it.

but I'm still holding myself for now

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I don't know why but while reading these threads I have an urge to go insane and start running around and shout arbitrary opinions like a maniac. And the more I think that some people will take me seriously and try to convince me I am wrong the more I want to do it.
Please do. And please videotape it. Thank you in advance.

Points for curses in different languages. Bonus points for esoteric or dead languages. Navajo and Prussian will suffice.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
...or to put it another way, "They rushed it out--possibly prematurely... let's hope the ports don't fall out again."
most of the hw is from 2010 and probadly stable. what he meant was probadly the UI that was rewritten in about seven months... and thats good cause of qml was not even ready when they started rewrite.

and btw. about broken hw the reason they dont release n950 could be because n950 hw is not rockstable who knows....

they maybe didnt want to fail with hw yet again like n900. Hell maybe the board where smart for ones :O

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
most of the hw is from 2010 and probadly stable. what he meant was probadly the UI that was rewritten in about seven months... and thats good cause of qml was not even ready when they started rewrite.

and btw. about broken hw the reason they dont release n950 could be because n950 hw is not rockstable who knows....

they maybe didnt want to fail with hw yet again like n900. Hell maybe the board where smart for ones :O
Clearly, the hardware was from 2010... possibly 2009. Didn't need convincing there, but the idea that they rushed anything seems like the pinnacle of hilarity given the amount of between the N900 and the N9. Most companies will have put out dozens of new consumer devices just in the time between the N900 came out and the N9 comes out--and most of those will STILL have better specifications, more features and far newer operating systems than the N9's. It just doesn't reflect well on either the device nor on the brand. Nokia needed to do a better job and still needs to do a better job and that doesn't even begin touch on their largest flaws: communication, point of presence, repair and support.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Oh how could I possibly fail to be persuaded by your 'explanations'? I fully accept now I MUST be an 'ignorant' 'idiot' who's full of 'bull'. Heck, you're so brilliant you even know what my 'intentions' are.

Such eloquence, such clarity of thought... Wow, you're amazing!
Because it has been discussed many many many times already over and over. I could of course use the search facility on this board and Google and find all that for you, but I don't want to, you can do it yourself. Quite frankly I'm simply too fed up with ignorant and lazy fools to bother, and I don't care what you want to think or believe, you are so off that it is irrelevant.

That link shows where Nokia will sell the N9 through it's online store, that is all. It has already been confirmed a month ago that all the Nordic (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark) will get the N9 in September. It is confirmed that all of Europe except UK, Spain, France, Germany and Netherlands will get it. It is confirmed in Australia, Argentine, Brazil.

It has also been confirmed that only France, UK, Germany, Spain and Netherlands will get the first batch of WP together with US and Canada. This will happen sometimes later, October-November-December. The rest of the world will get WP as soon as zune is up and running at the various places, that could take a year from now.

The big question is, will Fr, UK, Ge, Es, NL, US and Ca "get" the N9? Probably/maybe not in the first batch in September, not "natively" at least, whatever "natively" is supposed to mean in Europe.

Those are the facts, and I let it be an exercise for you lazy bunch of infidels to prove me right (95% can be found at appropriate Nokia web sites, the rest elsewhere), he he.

Your next wrong is your intentions. You can look at the facts and say why? I tell you the reasons are business as usual, nothing more, nothing less, and all this can be found in the tech news sites. A good start is AAS. Now, if you come up with some Eloptian conspiracy theory, it proves two things: 1- You have no clue about business, none at all (remember, business is cruel and unforgiving, and Nokia has ****ed it up on a grand scale during the last 2-3 years) and 2- your psyche needs to be checked, conspiracy theories is the last step before insanity, or you are just a child.

IMO discussions about business should be banned on this site. There are way too many ignorant, lazy fools here with a conspiracy theory for every little detail they are too ignorant and lazy to understand. This thread for instance, should be closed the moment it was created.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
IMO discussions about business should be banned on this site. There are way too many ignorant, lazy fools here with a conspiracy theory for every little detail they are too ignorant and lazy to understand. This thread for instance, should be closed the moment it was created.
You've committed a treasonous act of self-irony and should be banned permanently for violating your own rule about discussing business and posting onto the very thread you said should have been closed the moment it was created. BEGONE, FOOL!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Then what is right? Stating opinion like it's fact and using the bold tag doesn't quite qualify your statements.

Simply stated, put up or shut up.
Well Gerbick, if you don't have anything to say, then don't say it. Your comment is just a useless piece of junk, and you know it.

Gerbick added to the ignore list.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Well Gerbick, if you don't have anything to say, then don't say it. Your comment is just a useless piece of junk, and you know it.

Gerbick added to the ignore list.
At this rate, he's going to have pretty much most of the members on ignore. Isn't that like wearing peril sensitive sunglasses then crossing the highway aimlessly?

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
It has also been confirmed that only France, UK, Germany, Spain and Netherlands will get the first batch of WP together with US and Canada. This will happen sometimes later, October-November-December. The rest of the world will get WP as soon as zune is up and running at the various places, that could take a year from now.
Why would nokia want zune on their phones, they have their own music service. The release in only a few countries does not make sense if they want to push wp7. Selling the N9 is a mistake, if they are really so convinced of their strategy. You don't launch such a phone as a testbed.

IMO discussions about business should be banned on this site.
Thats what you always say, because your arguments are not exactly sophisticated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
At this rate, he's going to have pretty much most of the members on ignore. Isn't that like wearing peril sensitive sunglasses then crossing the highway aimlessly?
Talk for yourself hahaha i am not on his ignor list and neither is he on mine

Tags
balmer was here, e6 rox, elop rox, elop snopp, elop's fool, the elop flop