Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by wick001 View Post
Ok i just bought the nokia 770, and have many questions...See Below. Please help if you can, and list exactly where to download, how to install.

c

2). There is only 1 internet radio station on my 770, how & where do i get more?

3). How do i update my flash player?

4). Youtube videos don't work, Myspace music wont play, Pandora.com internet radio freezes my 770... HOW TO GET THESE TO WORK?

5). Is there a way to play wmv videos?

6). Where to go and how to install & download apps?

Someone with the know-how please help me with these, please describe in detail how to do it.

THANK YOU!

You come to the right place for help, to suggest you to return the 770 is a very stupid suggestion and waste bandwidth on this forum. Anyway, we all are newbie sometime, ...

1) Aim on 770. I use the Gizmo project and it installed all the protocol for IM, which includes AIM, Yahoo.... On your desktop PC, just google Gizmo and follow the instruction.

For the rest, I think gbm has almost answered them all. For a starter, I would recommend, on your 770, go to website maemo.org/downloads and pick a category, say Games, and pick anything that has a green 'click to install' button and click it, most of the time, it will come up with a screen of instruction for download and installation. Try a few and get the hang of it, and slowly you would progress to Xterm and a Debian guru someday. Good luck, and post back if problem. Or even, if there is no problem, just post to help other newbies will show your appreciations.

bun

i do have another question... what exactly is, and what does python do?

**EDIT**

Ok, i finally got it installed... it seems to me that it kind of like a "FTP". It just downloads a list of apps available to download to the 770.

Ok next questions...

1). What APP do i need to hear myspace music?

2). Are there any other links like python for even more apps?

Last edited by wick001; 2007-07-29 at 01:45.

Sorry no myspace music on 770 that I know of

more apps than on maemo, I dont think so :?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Norwich, UK
I would like to add a question if I may- I love Nethack- now I tried to install it (it did install) but when It came to playing the game nothing happened- Just "click" on it and nothing... In both IT2006 OS and the Hacker IT2006/IT2007 verson. The same. Any ideas?

BTW I dont have Python installed if that helps... I will do mind you.