Active Topics

I am a few updates out of date...currently running 4.2008.25-14...I have been having various issues since day one after the first flash to OS2008. So, my intent is to simply do a complete re-flash back to ground zero and rebuild my setup/config from a clean OS install.

Problem begins when I follow the instructions in the "Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Utility" by holding down the "SWAP" and POWER ON buttons with the tablet connected to the system, I do get the USB symbol aright away so I release the SWAP button, XP does indeed find the device but that is as far as we have success. XP reports that the device install failed and yadayadayada may not function properly. And the Nokia Flash Utility does not allow me to proceed to the next step.

I will add that when i just connect the tablet via USB XP find the tablet just fine and I can access both cards. So basically it appears it's not getting tripped into the correct state needed for flashing.

I am somewhat sure this might be due to some conflicting USB driver for other devices (Canon USB monitoring software for my DSLR's, or even Audible's same thing...but I am unsure) And it could also maybe be something foobar'd in XP's registry. I am just not sure...

It has been a while so I am not 100% sure all of the needed software is installed for the tablet...and there are no non-functioning devices under the XP Control Panel...

Could it be that somewhere along the line I did something to alter the state of the USB port on the tablet itself?

I really just want to get the thing back to a clean install and go from there but as usual with this thing I keep running into brick walls. And right now the biggest is it will not do the auto-update of the OS and I cannot install several needed libraries used by several apps I want to use.

Oh, also I find I cannot enable USB Networking either...it fails with "module Insertion has failed" error message...

Any help would be great...and please do not assume I know squat about Linux...I am here for help not more puzzles...if ya don't want to help...then don't...I can get to the command line no issues I can gain root access, view directories and that sort of thing and I have a basic familiarity of file/directory attributes under -ix OS's...I have little to no recollection of what directors are for what nor where most are located...as for commands...heh, right...

Thanks a BUNCH!

Last edited by brecklundin; 2008-12-28 at 22:48.

idiot alert...i was holding down the wrong buttom not the "SWAP" button...re-flash progressing just fine now

Tags
os2008 n800 reflash usb