Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
Originally Posted by balta View Post
I don't know if it is because of Sailfish OS 3 or because of my Xperia XA2 Plus, but the mobile cell condition cannot record any cells. Does anybody else have this problem?
Just checked, I am able to record a new cell (as well as remove it) on SFOS 3, but I'm using Xperia X so it might be related to your phone model.

The Following User Says Thank You to zagrim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Korkkiruuvi View Post
I laso noticed some stuttering/lag when using this application so there is some performance issues also? For example when navigating in settings and properties sections I see noticeble stuttering/lag what ever. I remember earlier version of this application there wasn't any kind of this lag.

My device is xperia x (F5121) with sailfish 3.0.0.8.
I have the same device model and SFOS release and haven't noticed any significant stuttering or lag. After the new UI came Situations was a bit slow on Jolla1 but after switching to Xperia X I can't recall having any performance issues with the UI.

Are other apps performing ok on your device? Even the heavier ones like the browser?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
Korkkiruuvi, do you have HERE maps installed on your device?

> I remember earlier version of this application there wasn't any kind of this lag.

I wonder if it was v2? In v3 there are much more graphical effects being used in the UI. The target being modern Android devices (and SW) -> no idea why your xperia would show significant lag, except something in the Sailfish OS xperia port perhaps causing it.

Br,
Heikki

Well I don't have here maps installed, because simply need it. Dammit if here maps is mandatory to be installed if I want use location feature.

and next subject, perfomance issue. So I should go terminal and type something jornalctl? Or anyways I should debug this issue, for further investigation.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zagrim View Post
I have the same device model and SFOS release and haven't noticed any significant stuttering or lag. After the new UI came Situations was a bit slow on Jolla1 but after switching to Xperia X I can't recall having any performance issues with the UI.

Are other apps performing ok on your device? Even the heavier ones like the browser?
Thanks for your experience, interesting. What comes to the my other applications the are fine, only both browsers, webcat and jolla have some issues about Performance but I think these are just "work in progress" status, because for example qt webkit is outdated. Sometimes Jolla browser crashes but what I read other users it's just normal and can be called "feature".

Originally Posted by balta View Post
I don't know if it is because of Sailfish OS 3 or because of my Xperia XA2 Plus, but the mobile cell condition cannot record any cells. Does anybody else have this problem?
I have the same problem with a XA2 Dual-Sim (H4113).

Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
Any chance of flight mode to work?

The Following User Says Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Korkkiruuvi View Post
What comes to the my other applications the are fine, only both browsers, webcat and jolla have some issues about Performance but I think these are just "work in progress" status, because for example qt webkit is outdated. Sometimes Jolla browser crashes but what I read other users it's just normal and can be called "feature".
In my experience Situations UI is not heavy on memory (or CPU), but since browsers tend to be heavy on resources makes me think if you by chance have tweaked some settings related to OOM-killer/low-memory-killer or swapping, or have a shortage of RAM? Do you have many apps running all the time? Shortage of RAM is a sure way to cause lags and stuttering. You could use some app like Mem! to verify if that's an issue.

I'm just guessing here, though. And yeah, I've had both browsers crash many times Mostly that's been for lack of system resources on sites they handle badly.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wrm View Post
Any chance of flight mode to work?
You can ask Jolla to (re)open an API for it. Or tweak your own solution: run Situations as root or use Situations to launch some flight mode helper app / script with root access instead.

Br,
Heikki

Hep,

There's a new (beta) version of the app available here: https://github.com/pastillilabs/pack...leases/tag/186

Some change log:
- Changed condition & action selection layout
- Improved runtime state handling over server restarts
- Fixed Mobile Data, Airplane Mode & Internet Sharing features when set as conditions
- Sync with all other internal implementation improvements done to the Android version

Having not used Sailfish actively for a long time, I noticed that increasing number of features seem to work only when the app is run as root. Which is kind of disappointing, as Android - while having the same frustrating direction - is now doing much better in that regard

Br,
Heikki

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Hep,

New beta (3.1.192) available here: https://github.com/pastillilabs/pack...leases/tag/192

It is also already in the store review process.

Contains only fixes & improvements to existing functionality:
- Improved / fixed in-call handling
- Improveed / fixed runtime state handling over reboot & service restarts
- Fixed Launch & Close plugins having multiple entries

Well... in-call handling is kind of new functionality. It means that some actions will be delayed until an active or incoming call has ended. There was application logic for it in place already from the Symbian times but it never got platform specific backend implementation (for Android & Sailfish) done until now.

There is now also an option to re-activate actions on background service restart. On Android this is done only when the service is autostarted on boot. By default, background service restarts just continue from where the execution was left.

On Sailfish this means that if you are using some autostart mechanism, you should probably have a "reset" parameter added to the service startup command if you want re-activation to happen (for example launch apps with an ongoing situation in device boot).

Launching the service from the app UI currently does not have the "reset" option. Not sure if it should or not. But it might get added in the next update.

Br,
Heikki Haveri
Pastilli Labs

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, situations