Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by cgdel View Post
Managed to install with application manager without any problem.
You said you only tested it for OS2008.
I'm running on OS2007 and I get an error about the libpangocairo being missing.
Since I don't have any usb connection, I suppose there's nothing I can do about that, is there?

Well try this??

Here is the libpangocairo files included with 2008OS

http://penguinbait.com/libpc.tar

open xterm

sudo su -

cd /

tar xvf /path/to/libpc.tar

lemme know?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
success!!!!
Cool, now let me know what you think or if you have any other problems....
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the Lower Rainland
In the remove file selector if you could include all then we would be able to scan through all of the files and do multi selections insteand of having to go letter by letter.
Other than that when we do recovery would it be possible to chose which files we want to bring back instead of having to do the whole image.
Thanks for the great work.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Ok. Got n800, normally booting from internal sd. Now booting from flash w/ management tools installed. How to know what to backup for complete sd-boot backup? Which partitions? jffs2? ext2? (I'm not good enough w/ linux yet to know where to begin....)

When installing mgmt-tools on diablo I get the following conflict:

dpkg: error processing mgmt-tools.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/libmagic.so.1.0.0', which is also in package libmagic1

I think the midnight commander package depends on libmagic1.

Originally Posted by silvermain View Post
In the remove file selector if you could include all then we would be able to scan through all of the files and do multi selections insteand of having to go letter by letter.
Other than that when we do recovery would it be possible to chose which files we want to bring back instead of having to do the whole image.
Thanks for the great work.
The application won't accept all the files in one window, that why I broke it down by alphabit. Sorry cant fix this at the moment. Also removing the filesets from a partiton is a last resort recovery effort. Oops I installed an app and now I cannot boot. (that was its intent anyway)

I planned on doing a restore files from backup, again this also goes back to the same issue as #1. I cannot display all the files in a window. Perhaps v2.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-11-24 at 16:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gbgb View Post
When installing mgmt-tools on diablo I get the following conflict:

dpkg: error processing mgmt-tools.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/libmagic.so.1.0.0', which is also in package libmagic1

I think the midnight commander package depends on libmagic1.
you can force install from command line, I will try to remove the conflict for install, but it may be a few before I can repackage..

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
Ok. Got n800, normally booting from internal sd. Now booting from flash w/ management tools installed. How to know what to backup for complete sd-boot backup? Which partitions? jffs2? ext2? (I'm not good enough w/ linux yet to know where to begin....)
Any partition can be cloned/backup-restored from any ext3/ext2/jffs2 to any ext2/ext3/jffs2 partition.

Flash runs from /dev/mtdblock4 (jffs2)

cloning this to SD will get you boot from SD

Hope this helps??

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
OK, I want to make sure I understand.

Let's say I do a backup of the flash's filesystem today. Then, tomorrow, I want to boot from an SD that is exactly similar to how my flash is set up today. Must the SD that I want to be a replica of today's flash already be bootable before I do this restore? That is, must the SD already have a filesystem that is then replaced by the filesystem that I backed up? Or is there one step to move from a clean SD to a bootable SD that is essentially a replica of the original flash?

A couple of other notes: I was confused on several dialogs that I think had "Text" as their heading. I wasn't sure at first if these dialogs were reporting progress, or just giving me information that, once read, I should click OK to proceed. It turned out that I was supposed to click OK. So it might help others if the instructions for moving through the steps were a bit more explicit. Relatedly, although the progress bar shows a full blue progress line when a process has finished, the text continues to say something like "Working..." (I can't remember what). So I wasn't sure if I should click OK, or wait for it to stop "working".

These are minor things, and my unclarity is mostly *MY* unclarity about filesystems and such. Thanks for your hard work......and patience!

Managed to install your library and libcario2 but libnotify1 is only installable for OS2008.

Last edited by cgdel; 2008-11-24 at 16:07.