Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
pull up the dtfm dialpad
and you can press 1

Originally Posted by jmancine View Post
Ok...got it now. And it works though I just get that recorded message on incoming calls. There must be a way to not have to press 1 to accept the call...

I got my GC invite within 12 hours of signing up.

If someone could send me an invite it would be greatly appreciated

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
having to pull up that dialpad is annoying as hell , first of all you should have the option in grandcentral to not have to press any numbers , and second , on the tablet it should constantly have the button for dialpad on the screen , not have to go into a menu for it.

I need invitation, too

I guess the "press 1" feature is called "call presentation". If you'd like the option to disable it, please suggest it here:

http://www.google.com/support/grandc...t_type=suggest
From blog.grandcentral.com

# Vincent Says:
April 25th, 2007 at 3:07 pm

"thanks for the feedback. If we turn off the caller presentation, the first forwarding phone that answers will get the call. This means that if your cell is out of battery, it will pick up all your calls and you would never be able to take them from another phone. You would also lose usage of the central voicemail. We’re looking at alternate ways of doing this and as you mentioned, we’ll soon let you speak the command so you don’t have to fumble for your phone.
As for the SMS, it’s coming. thanks for your patience"

Vincent Paquet

I know how to press 1...I'm saying that it is a dealbreaker for GC being useful for me. If Google hopes to turn this into a pay service they'll need to give users that option.

It is just not a normal telephony feature for those of us who only want to use GC with one phone (gizmo in this case).

Try picking up a gc call when you are 50ft from your phone on a BT headset.

Try picking up a gc call when you are 50ft from your phone on a BT headset.
DTMF, I assume? Then all you need is a whistle with 697 & 1209 Hz frequencies. Blow the whistle to transmit a '1' press. (Of course, one shouldn't have to resort to old-school phreaking techniques to use gc, but until they fix it, you could.)

Haha phreaking..I can imagine it now, all the people on bluetooth headsets walking around D.C. making the dial tone noise for 1.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Dallas, Tx
Ok, I followed the steps and I've got a working connection plus a few extra invites. Who wants one? Post your email address.. I think I've got 5 or so left.

I guess I'm missing something.. doesn't it cost money for a gizmo number? How is this "100% free"?
If your using Gizmo to dial in and out yes it would cost money. But we're connecting Gizmo to Grand Central. And Grand Central is handling the in/out calls (and it's currently free for Grand Central).

And since both are SIP operable (still don't understand it fully myself..just that it's an open protocal for voice to voice then let's say Skype) that means it's free to interchange voice calls inbetween the two services.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...