Notices

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHg5gTxA_fc

Well zodttd has some magic, its preliminary at best, This is on a better gpu than our n900s but n900s are actually faster cuz iphones are underclocked to a fourth of their gpu specs. He supports pandora and pandora is alot like the n900. So here's hoping.

i know this question is not to be asked here but why on earths name would it be portrait mode???? graphics of the iphone cant handle it otherwise??
and how about drnoksnes only a square in the middle of the n900s screen?
what is it with these emulators the controls already suck BIG TIME and then handicapping everything even more with this ********.
is it just me or doesnt anyone get this :S i mean there probably is a reason for it but its just.. stupid.

Originally Posted by Devil View Post
i know this question is not to be asked here but why on earths name would it be portrait mode???? graphics of the iphone cant handle it otherwise??
and how about drnoksnes only a square in the middle of the n900s screen?
what is it with these emulators the controls already suck BIG TIME and then handicapping everything even more with this ********.
is it just me or doesnt anyone get this :S i mean there probably is a reason for it but its just.. stupid.
portrait mode, easy answer......no controls cept touch screen, have to make room for controls, and its an early preview, where the controls aren't implemented yet.

drnoksnes, think about your pc, the higher the resolution, the more demanding the game. drnoksnes isn't running at the full resolution of the screen probably cuz it could slow it down. At least thats what I take when someone asked why vgb couldn't run games more fullscreen than vgb's fullscreen mode, oh and most emulators try to keep the same ratio of height vs. width, Would look stupid if stretched to a wide screen resolution.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
is not this illegal? seriously Nokia almost got in trouble for the SNES emulator and yet SNES is older than N64. N64 is not even over 15years old either. So this is purely illegal I hope Nitendo saw this Video and sue APPLE

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
is not this illegal? seriously Nokia almost got in trouble for the SNES emulator and yet SNES is older than N64. N64 is not even over 15years old either. So this is purely illegal I hope Nitendo saw this Video and sue APPLE
Difference is you don't see any Apple employees showing this off.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I think the only question N900 users should be asking about the iphone is..

will it blend?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxq90xmYUs

most emulators try to keep the same ratio of height vs. width, Would look stupid if stretched to a wide screen resolution.
Typically the opposite is the case. Every PSP emulator gives the option to stretch. Most of the big PC emulators also give aspect atio options.

The point is, the software (mupen64) could easily be ported over, all that needs to be done is for it to be complied for the (N900) - anyone fancy giving it a go?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
coding or using an emulator is NOT illegal.
i repeat:

but it is illegal to get roms without having bought the game.
you can rip the roms off your n64 cartridges and play them on any emulator -> not illegal.
should I repeat once again??

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
i repeat:

but it is illegal to get roms without having bought the game.
you can rip the roms off your n64 cartridges and play them on any emulator -> not illegal.
should I repeat once again??
Would you care to document that rather wide reaching statement? If intellectual property has been compromised then there is an issue in several jurasdictions around the world. The point comes down to the fact that this needs to be clarified in each & ever jurasdiction worldwide.