Notices

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I am also interested.. I would be happy to test this if someone's willing to develop it/optify it for Maemo!

Did we make a Project garage for this on maemo.org? Or not yet?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
cant see this happening anytime soon

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
cant see this happening anytime soon
I don't see why though, there's already a link for a working one in the OP, but it needs a bit of optifying and tweaking to make it work on the N900 I think.. I wish I knew how to code I would take on the project!

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I hope that this project get's some progress soon If we can help somehow just write it here.

ye would be an awesome boost to the n900 to be able to emulate n64 games any help let us know

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
I hope that this project get's some progress soon If we can help somehow just write it here.
Yeah! I can do some nice icons in Photoshop! And I will test the program extensively.. I am sure others will test it too and even help out.. but we just need someone who can code to take on the project! Come on.. I know you guys like the N64 games, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 64, Mario 64!!!

I might do it even though I don't own an N900. I almost bought an N810 but then I spent the money I reserved for that on a Verizon HTC Vogue phone... If there was something else in it for me (i.e. if I had a N900 or if I was getting paid :P) you would probably be playing Mario Kart 64 on your phones by now. One thing that could delay or prevent me from doing it is the packaging situation. I've compiled and run Mupen64Plus for both an IPAQ and my phone (with Mario 64 running at 5FPS due to the 400MHz CPU and lack of 3D drivers in Debian for my phone, and the iPAQ is even slower), so porting it might not be hard for me, but at this point I'm lacking motivation and packaging skill (building the deb, distributing it, and dealing with all the support requests involved)... The other thing I'm not sure about is hardware - an N900 emulator would be really slow, and I have no hardware to test it on.

hi can u tell me wat software i need for d rar file and where do i download it thanks

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
wow... it's sad to see the n64 emulation is only evolving on the psp pretty well...

but there most of the roms are running quite nicely... and this although it only has a 333MHz CPU and 166MHz GPU.

some of the first games like super mario 64 and mario kart are running mostly fine even with sound (!!!).

so it should be possible (in order to the n900's hardware) to have a 100% working emulator on this phone.

unfortunately no developer seems to care about this one. :/

it was and is one of my favorite gaming consoles. so i would love to see any progress on this project!

Originally Posted by b666m View Post
unfortunately no developer seems to care about this one. :/
That's not the issue, it will likely not be as simple as someone building it and packaging it up. It will take some serious work to optimize it for any platform.

Have a read through this Pandora forum thread, they are putting a lot of effort in to get it running. Once/If they manage to get it running well over there, then there is a good chance we might be able to wrap it up in a Maemo bow and run it on our systems.

As has been said many times on here, it's likely a lot of the gaming side of things will come from the Pandora hackers, its a very similar platform to ours and we should have some good back and forth from them and us.