Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
HDRCapture is somewhat became terribly bad with the latest fcam-driver 1.0.7.1

So let's make this clear.

If we install the "fcam-drivers1.0.6-1" from the repository in our N900, then install "BlessN900" from the repository, then reboot our N900, then we will have a stable device with HDR and low-light enhancement camera features?

Is this the proper procedure, or should we reboot between fcam and BlessN900 also?

Is BlessN900 integrated with the existing camera app or is it a separate app that must be manually launched after sliding open the camera door?

And I gather from the last post that we should avoid updating the fcam-drivers to the 1.0.7.1 version. Is that the general concensus?

Any other information we should know before trying this?

Originally Posted by TheJason View Post
If we install the "fcam-drivers1.0.6-1" from the repository in our N900, then install "BlessN900" from the repository, then reboot our N900, then we will have a stable device with HDR and low-light enhancement camera features?
Is this the proper procedure, or should we reboot between fcam and BlessN900 also?
Yes, this is the proper procedure, there is no need to reboot between fcam-drivers and blessn900 installations.

Is BlessN900 integrated with the existing camera app or is it a separate app that must be manually launched after sliding open the camera door?
BlessN900 is not integrated with standard camera application. You can launch it before or after opening the camera door, but you will need to close the standard camera application if it is running.

And I gather from the last post that we should avoid updating the fcam-drivers to the 1.0.7.1 version. Is that the general concensus?
We have not tested BlessN900 much with fcam-drivers 1.0.7

Any other information we should know before trying this?
Do not upgrade to PR1.3 - fcam-drivers do not work with PR1.3

Last edited by eugene.panich; 2010-10-26 at 03:18.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Fcam-drivers and Fcamera are in free repository - why are hdrcapture and lowlight in non-free repository?
I have tried HDR with time-lapse (modified Fcamera), and it was too yellowish bright after I got them together in GIMP.
I have taken three photographs (-2,0,2 exposures) with default camera and combined them in GIMP in the same way - surrealistic photograph. The lamp was bright lit, so I protected my eyes by looking only at the screen.
It would be more comfortable if there was an HDR-taking plugin of the default camera; then there would be less time between the photographs.

Attached center of the photograph.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
Do not upgrade to PR1.3 - fcam-drivers do not work with PR1.3
Well, ain't that great.
You get a really neat app developed and Nokia finally comes out with an "update" that will make it incompatible.

The new update just showed up in my update alerts today.

So will we have to wait (or hope) for the drivers that will come along to make BlessN900 work with the big "upgrade"?

A quick update - we performed more tests with PR1.3 and found that after a complete re-flash with PR1.3, fcam-drivers and blessn900 work Ok.

Last edited by eugene.panich; 2010-10-26 at 11:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
So no problems at all with PR 1.3 and Fcam?

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

The Following User Says Thank You to RenaldoTT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by RenaldoTT View Post
So no problems at all with PR 1.3 and Fcam?
works fine for me, although the cpu-load goes nuts and breaks everything down occasionally.

a hdr-picture i took with blessn900:

btw whats up with the pictures ratio? why cant i shoot landscapeformat-pictures with blessn900? :<

The Following User Says Thank You to msa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
A quick update - we performed more tests with PR1.3 and found that after a complete re-flash with PR1.3, fcam-drivers and blessn900 work Ok.
I did the big Maemo 5 system update last week.

When you say "complete re-flash" does that sugggest that we'd need to do some sort of special procedure other than the typical new system update to get it working?

Furthermore, I presume that it's the fcam-drivers1.0.6-1 that you've confirmed to work with BlessN900. Is that correct?

What I have available in my N900's repository now is fcam-drivers1.0.6-1 . If an updated version arrives on our repository, should we avoid updating the fcam drivers beyond 1.0.6-1 till further notice?

Thanks

I've started a new thread dedicated to BlessN900 (as it is not only about HDR):
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65034

New version (0.41) is released (it's in extras-devel now).
Changes:
+ compatibility with PR1.3 (still works with PR1.2)
+ much higher quality of zoom (however, it's slower now)
+ zoom levels x1.5, x2, x3, x4
+ self-timer
+ shooting of series of images: burst, exposure bracketing, focus bracketing
+ shallow focus (beta) - take pro-like portrait images with the subject in focus and the background out-of-focus
+ settings: white balance, expocorrection, ISO
+ geotagging (beta)

The Following User Says Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post: