Notices

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
I tried with the shareware files, it just crashes as soon as I see the pointer...
Looks like the shareware-version has to be compiled with another compiler-flag. Maybe I can create a separate package for it when I've got some time...

Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
That's not a bug, it's a feature!

Got it working with the files from GoG

Edit: Question, does this support the original music, and if so how do you set it up?

Found the midi files here, but where do I put 'em?

http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/?Downloads:Resource

Last edited by GameboyRMH; 2010-05-07 at 23:14.

Edit: Question, does this support the original music, and if so how do you set it up?

Found the midi files here, but where do I put 'em?

http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/?Downloads:Resource
The music doesn't seem to work yet, not sure what's going wrong though. Maybe a problem with the sdl-mixer...

edit: I think timidity is missing, but it's not in the repos yet and needs tons of dependencies.
Got it running on the N900, but the N900 is too slow for playing midis in software. I got choppy playback at 100 % CPU

Last edited by LordNelson; 2010-05-10 at 14:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to LordNelson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
cant get this to work !!

Originally Posted by LordNelson View Post
The music doesn't seem to work yet, not sure what's going wrong though. Maybe a problem with the sdl-mixer...

edit: I think timidity is missing, but it's not in the repos yet and needs tons of dependencies.
Got it running on the N900, but the N900 is too slow for playing midis in software. I got choppy playback at 100 % CPU
I wonder if playing back the music as .wav/.mp3/.ogg would be possible, like this?

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoon...1707/#msg11707

Shouldn't bee to hard to rip midis to one of those formats...I could do that and upload the resulting files.

I wonder if playing back the music as .wav/.mp3/.ogg would be possible, like this?

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoon...1707/#msg11707

Shouldn't bee to hard to rip midis to one of those formats...I could do that and upload the resulting files.
Yep, that would work. I'm currently working on getting the jukebox running. Then you could just put the music as OGG/Vorbis, mp3 or Wave into a directory and specify it in the settings.
Maybe you already noticed the choppy sound when many sounds are played at the same time (For example when the reactor explodes). Not sure if this is caused by SDL_mixer or D1X-Rebirth itself but playing music in the background will cause even more problems here :/

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
cant get this to work !!
If you want to get any help you should provide more information XD
Wait... you've written here earlier that you're using the leaked PR 1.2 firmware and should know that it got some dependency-problems with the OpenGL ES packages.
Not sure what you expect now... you shouldn't install unreleased firmware on your phone and expect that everything is working without any problems. I won't add any workarounds for the bugs in the leaked PR 1.2 or provide any support for this package on PR 1.2 until it's officially released.
But since it's open source you're free to add a workaround yourself, the source of the package is available on the garage-page too.

The Following User Says Thank You to LordNelson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Maybe you can take a look at the package "duke3d-timidity". It manages to use timidity in Duke Nukem 3D somehow. Maybe you can do the same for Descent.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Patola View Post
Maybe you can take a look at the package "duke3d-timidity". It manages to use timidity in Duke Nukem 3D somehow. Maybe you can do the same for Descent.
That sounds nice, will check that out the next days and see if it can be done for Descent too, thanks

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Descent without MIDI music is like watching a screener version of Avatar on a CRT letterbox TV with mono speaker!
I'll wait for music support.
DOOM is more or less acceptable without music, but the good old MIDI music of those games really make it what it once was for me personally.
And yes Duke Nukem 3D has this big *** Timidity implementation to make the MIDI work. But how on earth does the Wolfenstein 3D pull it off without any Timidity support or whatever else I wonder?
That seems to run just fine with MIDI!

The new release 0.55.1-5maemo1 is out and is also available via extras-devel now

The screenshots for the savegames are working now and you can take screenshots with Shift-S. You'll find them in ~/.d1x-rebirth/screenshots/ as pcx (Yes, this is a crappy format but DXX-Rebirth doesn't support anything else, maybe there will be png-support some day...).

You can also find a libsdl-mixer package with flac and vorbis support on garage. This will make the jukebox working.
I've put everything into a tar.bz2 because garage got some problems with + in filenames. Just unpack it and install the deb inside.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LordNelson For This Useful Post: