Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi guys,

Exactly, license issue. And this was way beyond our expectations. So much that we had the date, we had the website with the date, and I can assure you we very sad to only know this now. I wish I knew it 2 weeks ago, I would never ever have made that counter on the website. Sorry for that. It's like a cold water bucket on some heads, but really we are also waiting. fingers in the button.

Marcelo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Something this good is worth the wait

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by handful View Post
We received the bad news that we need one final "OK" to subjects beyond UI and CODE, actually beyond INDT. I'm personally really sad to be the one to tell this news, as everybody knows I'm (like the whole team involved) very excited and we really want this on the street
Handful, I feel your teams pain and I have only being checking the wording in english of the new website today that you have prepared for the arrival of official beta release software.

I know due to the chat discussions we have had more recently, that the team have all been working very hard to get the release out "on time" for all three OS versions on each currently available Nokia Tablet.

Take a deep breath, make sure the team take a break and get a well earned sleep and come back revitalised when the go ahead is given to release Canola2 beta

Last edited by MikeL; 2007-12-12 at 21:49.

Don't worry handful, a lot of us in IT here know the story and the feeling... just this week I've had this problem at the stupid place I work in. A big project management had been badgering us about for - literally - months. Three weeks ago we'd said we were finally ready and wanted to do it this week while everyone concerned (admins, support etc.) was still on board before the Christmas vacation started... And waited and waited for the PR department to send out the word. After badgering them daily we finally got a verbal get-go on Tuesday, and notified all 60.000 users that the nationwide rollout would start that night to be completed on Friday... only to have the plug pulled on us on Wednesday morning for political reasons. And of course now everyone suspects it's because we were having technical problems :-)

So, yes, some of us know how it feels to do the work and not be able to show it off at the last minute... don't fret, waiting is part of the game :-)

We've all been there, man. I'll admit I was watching the clock today all excited but it's not the end of the world. Canola is a great piece of software and quite a demanding project to undertake. We appreciate all the work you've put in (and your team) and look forward to it's immediate release

Best,

I appreciate the honesty and no SPIN..Eagerly waititng.
Thanks for the update..

It sucks for all parties involved however you look at it. Sorry to hear about the licensing issues.

Speaking of license, it's kind of worrisome IMO, these are usually not resolved too quick... Any idea what kind of timeframe we're looking at ?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi,

Don't worry it was actually being locked for a long time. IT was just supposed to be ok before 12th. But I really think maximum friday (that is my bet)

BR

Marcelo

Pure speculation - are they waiting for OS2008 final to release first? That would be a double surprise.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by krbvroc1 View Post
Pure speculation - are they waiting for OS2008 final to release first? That would be a double surprise.
And perhaps that's the final OK...

Closed Thread