Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Anyone had this problem. It seems to happen when you take a picture indoors and the camera tries to get Geo tag info. As I was in my office I turned off the GPS in the control panel but the deice kept searching. I went outside and it locked on but still the GPS symbol was there, and GPS on even though it was still switched off.

Only a re-boot would clear this.

Anyone else experience this?

Yes I do. I had the same problem days ago, but I have experienced this bug even with the desktop location widget. I can't explain how to reproduce it, so I'm not reporting this to Bugzilla, but it seems that you are able to reproduce the one with the camera, so what about reporting it?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Cough - Search function

wow i really am in a foul mood today lol!
Not sure this issue has actually been solved today though. But a reboot seems to sort it

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Well as a seasoned forumer (is that a word :? ) I did a search and even went through the bugs. Search would not return anything, and still does not find your post

At least I am not the only one, did you report its as a bug? If not I will do.

Cheers
John

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Well as a seasoned forumer (is that a word :? ) I did a search and even went through the bugs. Search would not return anything, and still does not find your post

At least I am not the only one, did you report its as a bug? If not I will do.

Cheers
John
hehe not a problem.
i didn't as i can't explain how to replicate it either. it just seems to happen....

did a reboot fix yours?

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Reboot fixed but having trouble replicating it

I had the same, haven't replicated it since though.

Yes, sometimes GPS subsystem seems to misbehave and does not wants to shut down. Got this issue couple of times with apps using GPS. Maybe I should file a bug.

Originally Posted by PowerUser View Post
Yes, sometimes GPS subsystem seems to misbehave and does not wants to shut down. Got this issue couple of times with apps using GPS. Maybe I should file a bug.
but can you replicate it? hehe