Notices

For me this issue is still open:

https://github.com/abranson/rockpool/issues/6

Rockpool Version1.1-1, Jolla is running 2.0.2.51, Watch Firmware 2.9.1.

You can't initialize the watch? The button doesn't work?

Another feature request, and I'll admit this one's a little bit bonkers...

But would it be possible to do scheduled / location dependent watchfaces?

I was thinking initially it might be nice to be able to set my watch to automatically install a minimalist, easy to read face during the night, so looking at it with bleary eyes is a little easier, then switch it back to my day-to-day face before I wake up.

But then I saw a post on reddit about this project, which predicts where you are based on the wireless networks around you.

https://github.com/kootenpv/whereami

I'm wondering whether you could automatically switch watchface depending on whether you're at home or at work, for example. Have a fallback - when it doesn't recognise where you are - for when you're wandering around.

Probably lots of work. And maybe a little too far on the featuritis side. But you have to admit it would be pretty cool if you could pull it off...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Might not be that difficult actually. The Situations app does most of what you're asking for. I think it has a plugin interface, and it wouldn't be hard to tell Rockpool to switch watchface from there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
I am wondering if I have an issue or if it is broader to everybody but since a recent update (cannot say exactly when), it seems that the volume up button function in the music apps does not respond in the watch!
I am not using it very often but for some time now (and so it has passed couple of reboots including for the watch), when I am using the 'music app' in the watch, the volume down can work but not the volume up button! And that same button is working in other apps of the watch (so not an hardware issue)
I am using the first pebble watch and the latest firmware (v3.12.2), using latest rockpool (v1.1-1), and latest sfos (2.02.51)

is it working for you?

Just tested and both volume buttons work for me. I've noticed that sometimes it can get disconnected from the pulsoaudio bus and can't reconnect, but this means neither of the volume buttons work until the daemon is restarted.

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
New apps2 beta posted with Send Text GUI, debug log suppression and WeatherUnderground WeatherApp provider. Details are in release notes. Would welcome any feedback.

*sigh* no one even noticed sun phases are incorrect. Ok, time for a weatherapp gui.

Last edited by ruff; 2016-09-30 at 19:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Hello,

First off, big fan of Rockpool! Thanks very much to all developers involved :-).

I recently reset my Jolla and now I'm trying to get my Pebble Classic up and running again. I installed Rockpool (1.1-1) using Warehouse. I've paired the phone and watch in the Bluetooth settings, but when I open Rockpool I get the message 'Loading and Connecting...' with swirly arrows. If I click on 'Restart Service' it doesn't change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
New apps2 beta posted with Send Text GUI, debug log suppression and WeatherUnderground WeatherApp provider. Details are in release notes. Would welcome any feedback.

*sigh* no one even noticed sun phases are incorrect. Ok, time for a weatherapp gui.
Link ?
10 chars
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Originally Posted by gapintheclouds View Post
when I open Rockpool I get the message 'Loading and Connecting...' with swirly arrows. If I click on 'Restart Service' it doesn't change.
This screen appears when service is not running. Can you get to the CLI (ssh or Terminal) and do
systemctl --user status rockpoold
?
It should show whether it's running and last couple lines of logs associated with the service.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch