Notices

Originally Posted by Upp15 View Post
Not sure if that is the same case. I turn BT explicitely off from the phone in the evening, and on again in the morning. The devices get connected quickly (Pebble vibrates and BT marker disappears), only Rockpoold does not notice the connection. So, the connection is fine just by restarting the Rockpoold, no further actions to BT needed. And the phone connects e.g. to my car's hands-free every time.
That sounds like rockpoold is connected, but the UI can't tell! Maybe it's got disconnected from DBus during the night or something? Can you see anything in the logs from the connection that's being made when the pebble vibrates? Sailfish isn't really capable of connecting to the pebble on its own.

Ah ok, in my case it was really broken BT adapter after either it was suspended by OS due to low bat, or entered some weird P-state itself due to low voltage. Only phone powercycle fixed that.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2016 @ Finland
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
Can you see anything in the logs from the connection that's being made when the pebble vibrates?
Ehm ... could you give me the instructions once more how to do that ?

Btw, one night I forgot to turn BT off from the phone. In the morning the BT in Jolla (C) was in deep sleep, but I left it be. After a while (~30min) the connection woke up by itself, and - guess what ? Rockpool was connected !?!

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Are the automatic profile settings in the app supposed to link to ambiences? If they are, custom ambiences don't appear - is there a way to change that? If not, what do they relate to?

As a general Sailfish question, does anyone know how to change per-ambience settings? Do you have to enable it and then go into sounds etc?

The menu shows the old school profiles, which still exist. You can change the per-ambience settings from the same place you set the colour etc in the ambience settings, but they're not set until you add them. Click the plus button under Actions under 'show in top menu'. I think they did this so you could just override what you need to.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
The menu shows the old school profiles, which still exist. You can change the per-ambience settings from the same place you set the colour etc in the ambience settings, but they're not set until you add them. Click the plus button under Actions under 'show in top menu'. I think they did this so you could just override what you need to.
Nice, thanks. So if I set 'connected' to 'silent' and 'disconnected' to 'ambience', the phone will use a silent profile (settings not tweakable?) while the watch is connected, and revert to the current ambience settings when it isn't?

Jolla's UI for ambiences is so weird, I didn't expect 'Actions' to change sound settings...if you change those things in sounds and feedback, do the settings for the current ambience change too?

Been using Sailfish for over a year now BTW, I just think this part of the Sailfish UI is awful.

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
I just think this part of the Sailfish UI is awful.
Has always been.
I prefer not to touch it.
And yes, i also have silent/ambience.

The Following User Says Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
guys, since we're not allowed to use Pebble's Weather provider (TWC) - I'm contemplating on choosing an alternative one. From the provided features most suitable are Forecast.IO and WU (of course). Any thoughts, pro/cons positive/negative feedbacks for any of them?

edit: ok, I take it as ”doesn't really matter as long ad it works” will do WU + rough sunrise approximation (based on least effort requirements)

Last edited by ruff; 2016-08-27 at 16:46.

My pebble has just tried to update to firmware v4. Has anyone tried to see if it is compatible with rockpool?

I did the upgrade and so far it all seems to work like before.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to borghal For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch