Notices

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Hi Everyone,

Creating this thread has been long overdue. I'm here to let you know that IRC Chatter is still alive and is aiming to be the best IRC client ever for the Nokia N9.

IRC Chatter is now also the official IRC client of Nemo Mobile.

More information about the app is here:
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo/IRC_Chatter
You can also get more information and help on the IRC channel #irc-chatter on the Freenode network.

You can download the installation package from here:
http://venemo.fedorapeople.org/harmattan/
Tested on my Nokia N9.

Note that before posting a question or bug, please make sure that you use the latest version released by me. Also, the app is heading for the Nokia Store, it will land soon.

If you wish to support the development of this FREE application, click here:

If you have any questions, ideas, or comments, please use this thread.

Last edited by Venemo; 2012-11-11 at 15:41.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
When browsing the user list, may I suggest that you don't cut off the bottom...I understand its done there as the keyboard pops up but when the keyboard is minimized, the list effectively shows 5 names at a time which IMO is a wastage of the space...

Screen of the current implementation that I'm referring to:

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
When browsing the user list, may I suggest that you don't cut off the bottom...I understand its done there as the keyboard pops up but when the keyboard is minimized, the list effectively shows 5 names at a time which IMO is a wastage of the space...
Good idea. Added to my TODO list for next version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Hello Venemo,

i am using IRC Chatter (version 0.2.92) for ages on my N9 as a beta tester, still the best IRC client available on the N9. I will update soon to 0.3.2. Thanks & recommendations.

Blues

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
One more request; can a dark (inverted) theme be implemented?

Edit: Ah just found that using a custom dark theme like FDB originalv7.6 gives a dark theme flavour...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-11-11 at 17:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
It would be nice if ircchatter could use swipe to switch between userlist, messagearea and channellist.

i know this break cut/paste in chatwindow but one solution too that is to add a small toppanel and use that area as the swipe area.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Using /topic is still not supported, but the UI is still my favorite out of all the IRC clients that I have tried on the n9 so far.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Nice client indeed, works really well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiempjuuh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
It would be nice if ircchatter could use swipe to switch between userlist, messagearea and channellist.

i know this break cut/paste in chatwindow but one solution too that is to add a small toppanel and use that area as the swipe area.
Hi,

Nice idea, but that would possibly break text selection and more importantly, scrolling, in the chat window. However, you already have the message area and the channel list in the same window and can bring up the user list with two taps. Shouldn't be that much of a problem.

There still seems to be some minor problems with autoconnect, but atleast it works sometimes. Major problem is you lose all conversations when autoconnection happens.

Thanks for this awesome app. I have this app always running in background. I have been using it 10 months already, it's the most important app for me! I hope you still keep improving it and port it to Jolla (I guess it's easy job because it's working on nemo already)

E: Also a new server window is created everytime you connect to a server e.g. auto connection:
Attached Images

Last edited by Slerppa; 2012-12-09 at 19:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slerppa For This Useful Post:

Tags
irc chatter, irc client, nokia n9