Notices

the "wtf" works - i didn't know /tmp has no permissions problems.
Anyway - the exception is:
"Access to the path "/home/user/smart/Data.xml.temp" is denied."

i set WRITE permissions to the folder and all is ok now.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by impeham; 2011-05-25 at 21:50.

i noticed that in GTK 2 there is a property for many widgets to set the orientation of a widget.

I created a window with controls, but i cannot see any way to rotate them using the # version when the device changes from landscape to portrait.

Anyone knows what should i do to be able to rotate the window and its controls?

Thanks.

Try to use hildon-gtk-window-set-portrait-flags via P/Invoke.

Thank you so much for compileing Mono and mono develop to run on the N900, i have been developing dot net applications for quite sometime using mono develop and Visual studio and this is really helpful,
i have some questions i hope if someone here can answer
1 - how to do something that's only specific to the N900 from C# like Vibration , Getting the GPS position , Controlling the Status LED , capturing an image from the front/ back camera, Reading the accelerometer data, turning the FM transmitter on and off..... etc ?
can someone provide a code example in C#
i suspect it will be all done with P/invokes
if there is no .net friendly way to do it i will start a project to build a library to warp the APIs into a nice dot net friendly DLLs

2 - how can the end project be packed into a deb file to be deployed just like any other package to run like all other applications ?
can i follow the normal instructions found everywhere on building Debian packages or there are some modifications ?

Last edited by Helmy; 2011-06-07 at 09:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmy For This Useful Post:
1. Yes, you have to use P/Invoke. There are some code for integration with Hildon desktop, but it has been written for Maemo 4 and now it's outdated.

2. The only difference between packaging mono applications for Debian and Maemo is the location of the directory with .desktop files for the main menu. You also should move large files to /opt, but it can be done by placing file named "optify" that contains "auto" in debian/ directory of the source package.

There are also some changes in GTK bindings. Note that dialog's action area is actually a VBox, not HBox. Dialogs also automatically add scrollbars if contents doesn't fit the screen. Right click is emulated by Fn+Tap. It's a bad practice, I did it for compatability with the software written for desktop.

One more thing. Before adding something in the GAC, please, contact me beforehand. You can do it via Skype (my nickname is "kekekeks") or PM.

I also recommend to use xbuild utility to compile your code.

Right-click doesn't seem to be working on my N900. I have version 2.5.91 which should be the latest, but Fn-Tap behaves like an ordinary Tap. What's wrong with this?

Nevermind, Fn-Tap works everywhere except in the text area. I was trying to find a 'Go to definition' command, but I'm guessing monodevelop doesn't support this feature.

i don't know why but for some reason i am not able to start a new project/open an existing one - MonoDevelop just crashes...

I tried to remove and reinstall the package but still same behavior.

How do i reset its settings - i thought it might help. I'll be glad for other ideas

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
is it optified
how much space does it consume on rootfs?

How do i know how much space is taken by it?

The rootfs memory is low (~10mb) can that be the cause?