Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
does anyone of you use a headset with your sfos-device and got next song/previous song working? out of the box only play/pause work. or is this not important for you? i tried the mod of one jolla together user who changed the AudioPlayer.qml file to support next song, when jolla introduced headsetbutton support. then i tried the python-script, which needs mpris-support for the jolla-mediaplayer and back then they also patched this into the AudioPlayer.qml file, but i learned jolla introduced mpris 2.0 support for jolla-mediaplayer, but when the python-script runs it doesn't react on the "buttoncommands", so i fear the python-script was written for mpris 1.0 maybe...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Getting the button commands depends on the BT modes the headset supports and how it announces the capabilities to the device.

If I remember correctly you need to handle the button effects thet bluetooth emits in pulseaudio, not in the media source application.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Getting the button commands depends on the BT modes the headset supports and how it announces the capabilities to the device.

If I remember correctly you need to handle the button effects thet bluetooth emits in pulseaudio, not in the media source application.
Did I miss where they said it was a BT headset and not a wired one?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Did I miss where they said it was a BT headset and not a wired one?
Indeed, my bad!
I automatically assumed the question was about BT as I don't use wire-tethered headsets myself at all!

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
i got it working and it was wired. i just commented out the action for one button press and i think the path where it read the headphone input was also not the right one, but it was easy to change after reading every similar sounding device with tail -f and pressing the button.
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Indeed, my bad!
I automatically assumed the question was about BT as I don't use wire-tethered headsets myself at all!

The Following User Says Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
For info, in the xperia x without any modification or script, i use QuasarMX.
The wired headphone's button
- 1 click pause/play
- 2 clicks next song

i haven't tried the stock player.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
oh very interesting, i had problems updating my library with quasarmx, does this work well for you? oh and do you use lite or did you buy it?
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
For info, in the xperia x without any modification or script, i use QuasarMX.
The wired headphone's button
- 1 click pause/play
- 2 clicks next song

i haven't tried the stock player.

The Following User Says Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by smatkovi View Post
oh very interesting, i had problems updating my library with quasarmx, does this work well for you? oh and do you use lite or did you buy it?

It took me some time to find how to add my folders and remove those i didn't want, but never had a problem with it. I have only something like 100 songs, don't know if this makes a difference.

Have the lite version. I want to buy it to show support for a long time, but never did it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post: