Notices

Originally Posted by XenGi View Post
What about this in Version 1.0+ ? It's just an idea and not really usable.

More than 4 Quick-launch icons (Youtube)
Is there anyway just to make the stack higher and make 8 quick launch icons instead of just the normal 4?

Originally Posted by XenGi View Post
Thx. This did the trick. I will upload an updated version this afternoon. So you can get the version when ovi store qa has passed. I will post a fix so that you can repair your quicklaunch bars today too.

- - - - -

UPDATE:

I just uploaded QuickEdit 0.99.9-1 to OVI store. This version smashes some bugs that were eating your Quick-launch icons.
For all of you already lost some Quick-launch icons here is a guide to bring them back to live.
  • Download the Script quickedit_0.99.2-1_fix.py
  • Put it in the MyDocs folder (root folder if you connect your device to the PC)
  • Disconnect device
  • Open a terminal and type:
    python /home/user/MyDocs/quickedit_0.99.2-1_fix.py
  • If the script tells you to reboot, do it
  • Now your Quick-launch should be okay. All repaired icons should link to the default browser

Just a note for new users: If you're using a version before 0.99.9-1 always remember, to not uninstall apps from your Quick-launch!
I'm also having the same problem with Kinggene. But for my N9, I previously had this problem with the application "Shortcuts".

With the application "Shortcuts" I assigned 4 applications and it worked. But when I updated to PR 1.2, I can only see 3 icons below and the 2nd application (Same with Kinggene) is not appearing in the quicklauncher and has a 2nd double application in the home screen.

So, I tried this application. I bought it in the OVI store but it's still the same. I have a duplicate application in the homescreen. I also noticed that whenever I change the 2nd application in the quicklauncher, it's always having a duplicate application in the home screen. Whatever application that is.

So I tried the step above, it's still not working. I already uninstalled shortcuts pro and tried to reinstall and reboot. Still not working.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by chasetheangel View Post
Is there anyway just to make the stack higher and make 8 quick launch icons instead of just the normal 4?
I haven't checked that but I don't think this is possible. I will investigate this more in the future and maybe I find some cool solution. My idea was to make the Quick-launch bar scrollable so you can scroll through 8 icons but I think this is imposible too.

@markmarkmrk First you have to uninstall shortcut and shortcut pro. I have no idea what this app does in detail, so it could interfer with QuickEdit.
Than start Quickedit and setup your icons. If that fails apply the fix for version 0.99.2-1 and reboot. This should fix all your problems. If not let me know.

Yeah nice. now i have 2 camicons an 2 for the app "purelight".

plz help.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by mrtank View Post
Yeah nice. now i have 2 camicons an 2 for the app "purelight".

plz help.
Just use the new version 0.99.9. That should fix this automatically.
Purelight makes some trouble. I don't know. For now it seems that it is the only app that causes trouble but after a reboot it should work.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
i cant update it? Why? Store suck, zzzz

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Maybe uninstall and then reinstalling works?

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Yes there store is a bit a "trouble child" Try to delete QuickEdit and reinstall - this solved the same problem for me. Otherwise just wait and try it again in a couple hours or even wait a day.

After Update/delete/reinstall/reboot the app wont start...

Originally Posted by mrtank View Post
After Update/delete/reinstall/reboot the app wont start...
Can you start it from a terminal and post the output here? Seems to be the only way to see what's your problem.