Originally Posted by davdav View Post
it should be the same ..
may be you are connected to wifi in the perfect phone ?
another thing : do you use a 3G or GPRS?
3 use 3G SIM only. If I set my phone 2G (GSM mode) - no connection.
The perfect phone is my old Nokia 6120 Classic - no Wi-Fi. When I use Skype, 3G sign change to 3.5G. GPRS, I thinк (or better).
The internet works very fast and phone calls are very good. Skype calls only...

Last edited by Power_Z; 2012-05-13 at 16:20.

i tried everything but for some reason i cannot sign in to my skype account using the n900 but all of my other accounts (i.e. yahoo, gtalk, ovi, facebook) there is no problem signing in. Please help me with this problem. Thanks

Edit: I had to remove the folder /home/user/.Skype
1.Open terminal
2.Type "rm /home/user/.Skype" or "mv /home/user/.Skype /home/user/.Skype_bak" (both without the ""). The first one deletes the folder, the second one moves it to .Skype_bak (just as a backup).
3.Try to connect to skype. It should work. The deleted/moved folder will be created automatically by connecting to skype.

The Following User Says Thank You to RanRuobin For This Useful Post:
1.Open terminal
2.Type "rm /home/user/.Skype" or "mv /home/user/.Skype /home/user/.Skype_bak" (both without the ""). The first one deletes the folder, the second one moves it to .Skype_bak (just as a backup).
3.Try to connect to skype. It should work. The deleted/moved folder will be created automatically by connecting to skype.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ jodhpur
Originally Posted by RanRuobin View Post
1.Open terminal
still not working....

The question, which best webcam application you use for video skype?

Originally Posted by RanRuobin View Post
1.Open terminal
Just resurrecting to note that this fixed a weird problem where I couldn't place Skype calls or video chats and IMs wouldn't go through, further described here:

https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...2&postcount=73