Notices

@kirillkk - super informative! unfortunately, my n900 died a while ago (no cell signal), so i don't have a need for the nice workaround you created. Still thanks for the follow up!

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Do you want to be added as a maintainer of all this extkbd/extmou stuff. As I really just don't have time to actively maintain them, all my spare time goes into KP/CSSU
I afraid I don't have time either If you like, I may try to integrate changes into extkbd and evdev packages. But I won't be able to do any continuous support.

The Following User Says Thank You to kirillkk For This Useful Post:
Any contribution (to "mainstream" package in -devel) is better than no contribution at all
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Any chance of fixing the bugtracker link and pushing the latest to testing, please.
Seems to be stable, shame for small bug fixes like this to be stuck in devel.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Hi.
Does anybody have problem with "Enter"?
After entering some letters etc I have to wait 0,5 sec (maybe less) before pressing Enter. Otherwise this button is ignored and needs to be pressed again. It is quite uncomfortable.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by mrover View Post
Hi.
Does anybody have problem with "Enter"?
Cheers.
Not that particular problem but the other one people are having where CTRL - ENTER works, but not ENTER on it's own--sometimes

The thing I read is to keep the n900 keyboard open. Makes a difference. I've since had the non-working enter key happen once since. However, closing and opening the keyboard worked in that case and reinstated the "enter" key. Worth keeping in mind.

I have a Stowaway STBT01 which is also called the Think Outside Sierra.

I had a problem with capitals in diacritics. It's worked out now. They don't work in an intuitive manner. Forgive me if this is mentioned somewhere else, I've just read a dozen pages from this thread and not been able to find this anywhere else.

So, there is some mimicking of the hardware keyboard with this application. So CTRL - Backspace works like the hardware keyboard and zooms out the windows--cool. Caps is also mimicked like the hardware keyboard and works as a sticky key, ie press SHIFT, let go, then another key and it capitalises the letter. Capitals in diacritics works the same way, ie sticky. It's not the same as on other *nix keyboards where you enter in the altgr key and then shift to capitalise your letter with diacritics. That won't work as I found out after some time

I have 2 N900 devices and i paired and connected successfully both freedom pro bluetooth keyboard and a BT microsoft mouse on my first device.

i backed the image up with backupmenu, and opened the backed up image on my 2nd n900 device.

all the following was on the 2nd device:
At this point, all bluetooth paired devices were gone (that's reasonable since the device's BT address is different), but when i try to connect both the keyboard or the mouse from scratch - i cannot - the pairing succeeds, but i get a "Connection failed" immediately after the pairing process or when trying to use the "Connect" button.

i tried to solve this with several combinations of the packages extmou, extkbd and bt-hid-scripts but none of them worked.

How can i solve this?

Last edited by impeham; 2013-03-08 at 17:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
If I had to guess I'd say it's because some config file on the 2nd N900 is set with the BT MAC address from the 1st device instead of its own, and that's what's causing the connection to fail.

Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
If I had to guess I'd say it's because some config file on the 2nd N900 is set with the BT MAC address from the 1st device instead of its own, and that's what's causing the connection to fail.
my guess also, but where do i find it?

i tried to remove all data from "/var/lib/bluetooth", and it was recreated again, but that didn't solve the issue.

Bluetooth in general seems to work fine since i am able to connect and sync with my pc.

Last edited by impeham; 2013-03-08 at 17:50.

try /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf

The Following User Says Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard