Posts: 75 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Uruguay
Speaking about camera..

I'm having some isues with my camera, it just closes after taking a couple photos or recording a not too small video.

Last edited by RichardN900; 2012-12-09 at 21:45.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by RichardN900 View Post
Speaking about camera..

I'm having some isues with my camera, it just closes after taking a couple photos or recording a not too small video.
Sorry to sound instructive, but is that supposed to be a bug report or a rant? As usually bug reports include dmesg log, syslog, coredump, way to reproduce, etc. After all CSSU-testing is that - testing, i.e. stability is not guaranteed (not that one can guarantee lack of bugs in any random software). And its users are supposed to help the developers to iron it.

Please, give some useful info, we(developers) are not gifted enough to be seers.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Sorry to sound instructive, but is that supposed to be a bug report or a rant? As usually bug reports include dmesg log, syslog, coredump, way to reproduce, etc. After all CSSU-testing is that - testing, i.e. stability is not guaranteed (not that one can guarantee lack of bugs in any random software). And its users are supposed to help the developers to iron it.

Please, give some useful info, we(developers) are not gifted enough to be seers.
oook... That was part of a bigger message, but i found how to solve the other issue almost instantly after writing it.
Is not a rant, i just took a part of the explanation when deleting the other issue.

Anyway ¿What should i explain better?
My camera program closes after a couple of photos or after recording a video even when is not too long or in HD.

This wasn't happening some time ago and there was nothing that i could have changed accidentally or incidentally because my WiFi has been disabled for months and i dont have a data package contracted. Also I was using the camera without any issue and recording HD videos after making all installs i need and/or "important" changes.

The only thing i do from time to time is to enable WiFi and let it update but not more than once a month.

First i thought it could be the battery because i bought a brand new, then i went back to the original one, but it happens with both batteries and even after a couple minutes of charging completed.

I tought it could be a bug from an old update so i was hoping that with this last CSSU update something may be addressed, but there is no improvement (for my case)

I asked mainly because i thought there may be some other person with a similar or the same problem, or maybe there could be a known bug. I have asked some stuff in the past and i obtained some answers because there were known issues or people with something similar. I was not hoping for any better thant just that.

Now, if you think that my msg. is out of order, i really don't care if you erase it or just ignore it, i was asking for an answer just in case there were someone on the mood to share some knowledge.
I mean no disrespect and i know there is too much people asking for solutions without giving enough basic information, but i just don't think this was something to annoy someone that much as you seem to be.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your time.

no disrepect intended richardn900.

i see reports like this while looking after conky-colors. a kind of basic "it don't work" report with not much info, so you then spend ages back and forth trying to recreate the issue. Maybe we should put a sticky post at the top of each sub board detailing what to include in a post and how to get the info should a problem occur.

I'm aware it has been posted before in the middle of a thread and probably in the wiki but for those who don't know where to find it we need something that jumps out as soon as you go on the forum.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
@RichardN900 - I'll try to explain it again:

CSSU-testing is the tool used to find the bugs that have sneaked, no matter what tests the developers have done. It is assumed that by installing CSSU-testing, you take the responsibility to provide information back to developers, to help them fix the outstanding problems. Your camera-ui "closing after a couple of shots" most probably means it SEGFAULTs (whatever it means ). The point is that you can contribute and help make things better by installing a couple of tools on your device, gathering the logs and providing a bug report with those logs attached.

The tools you need to install:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/.../maemo5/syslog
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...5/sp-rich-core

after recreating the problem, please raise a bug:
https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi...ommunity%20SSU

attaching your dmesg output, syslog and coredump, along with steps to recreate the problem (if possible), along with any other info you think it might be related.

By following the above, you may have your problem solved and it can help developers to fix the code and make it more robust.

CSSU and this very thread are not a support service, it is made by community members for community members. In their spare time. So, more information you provide, the bigger are the chances less part of that spare time will be used for fixing the bugs and more will be used to develop new functionality, etc.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
no disrepect intended richardn900.

i see reports like this while looking after conky-colors. a kind of basic "it don't work" report with not much info, so you then spend ages back and forth trying to recreate the issue. Maybe we should put a sticky post at the top of each sub board detailing what to include in a post and how to get the info should a problem occur.

I'm aware it has been posted before in the middle of a thread and probably in the wiki but for those who don't know where to find it we need something that jumps out as soon as you go on the forum.
Yep, "how to report a bug against CSSU and what info to provide" should be on wiki. Unfortunately it is not (or at least I cannot find it) and now wiki disallows edits it cannot be added

Community SSU developer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Now see, there's a lot of info. i didn't know, i tought that logs were on the phone and i just needed to go an seek for the correct one. Only i usually don't know where they are (/var/log, /usr/log) and on maemo seems to be some folders out of the "standard" linux location. (anyway)

I asked mainly thinking about some other people who may have the same problem... I tought that by now there would be several others explaining their issue and/or solution/workaround.

I'll check what you put there, install what's needed and give the appropriate logs.

¿Is my cellphone going to get more laggy with that tools on? Because i think is a bit laggy too much. (only after a full clean -sms/chat/calls history- it gets back to "normal".)

Thanks for the time.

you only need have them installed until you gather the info required, after that its up to you. i personally remove them to avoid unnecessary disk writes.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Kula, Serbia
Guys, I have a problem...
I've updated something (not sure what package it was) via apt-get update in x-term and wracked my device. Every second or two "internal error. Application 'Web' closed" pop up & I'm not even using micro-B at that moment.
What to do?

Tnx in advance...

Edit: Also, I can't start internet, mail, games, phone function...

Last edited by branja; 2012-12-20 at 19:52.

Sounds like your browser's stuck in a crash loop. Try running "killall browser; killall browserd" in the terminal, this will keep it from running until the next time you launch it manually IIRC.

Next try (as root) "apt-get install --reinstall osso-browser"

Tags
cssu testing