Closed Thread
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
We need to proceed now, not for maemo.org, but for working out the cooperation with Jolla before Nov. 21.
Hm do tell, what could possibly be more important than maemo.org and how are Jolla involved?

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I apologize for the outburst. I shouldn't have posted in the first place after going through the argumentive posts here. Just got really worked up by the in-fighting and then running across the reaction to my Jolla comment was icing on the cake.

I won't resign. But at the same time I would appreciate the benefit of the doubt here. I think I've earned it.
Texrat, you don't deserve "doubt".
you have earned and deserve a lot more (trust comes to mind...).
however, maybe you should also give the Community members at large and certainly a long standing member of Council some credit (respect?) as well?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lma View Post
The statement was directly from the candidate, not hearsay. I thought we were all adults here and mean what we say, but in this case I'm glad he changed his mind because we probably wouldn't survive another delay.
He stated above he won't resign. Your statements hold no merit.

I think we've concluded with this discussion since there's no other reason to continue down this path with you or your (blocked by me) co-partner and his "contributions" to any discussion whatsoever.

Simply stated, some people are too concerned with being right and not with doing right. Take your pick where you are with that.

I already know that I'm a big-mouth, blow-hard that doesn't add much to this community since my days after Diablo, or when I helped others get N9's if they didn't have direct access. But other than that, I'm not an Ima or Ester.

Last edited by gerbick; 2012-10-21 at 04:32.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
He stated above he won't resign. Your statements hold no merit.
Sigh... please re-read what I wrote.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Sigh... please re-read what I wrote.
Which part of what you said stands? He resigned?

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. No contingencies, no repositories, no database being transitioned, no garage... nothing is ready to be handed off in a scant 2 months at this very moment.

A lot of ground has to be covered and people are wholly unwilling to help. But are fully willing to argue moot points.

Be my guest to continue.

Which part of what you said stands?
Which part doesn't?

Timeline:
  • elections open
  • Texrat drops out
  • elections close
  • results are announced and this thread is started
  • I point out that we don't have a board yet
  • you jump in with rants about selfish people that rewarded themselves, line their own pockets etc
  • Texrat reconsiders
  • I say I'm glad he did

Is anything above factually incorrect? Which part(s) do you have a problem with? I'm confused...

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. No contingencies, no repositories, no database being transitioned, no garage... nothing is ready to be handed off in a scant 2 months at this very moment.
AIUI (from meeting minutes etc) the council is in talks with Nokia re: handover but everything stalled as there was no legal entity to deal with. This is now finally resolved, and that is why I despaired at the prospect of a new election.

A lot of ground has to be covered and people are wholly unwilling to help.
FYI, I have already volunteered to help run the repositories.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
  • Texrat reconsiders
  • I say I'm glad he did
Please quote where you did this. I don't see it in this thread. If you wish to state facts, qwazix seems to be the only person that sighed any relief.

Is anything above factually incorrect? Which part(s) do you have a problem with? I'm confused...
Apparently I've used some words that you don't understand. So allow me to use different words that mean the same thing.

The last board of directors publicly had issues. The in-fighting, vitriol and posing has now created a circus of what was once a respected group that had the community interests in mind first. That seems to be (last board) no longer the case. Hopefully this incoming board will change that perception.

As a reminder, I have stated the oft-forgotten and/or pushed aside via deflection tactics about how the past board had acted. It was not acceptable despite whatever claim of importance and/or comparison those people have made this community endure via their long-winded posts that declare nothing more than thinly veiled attacks, statements denigrating another member's status and how they are "right" in their statements, et al.

Guess what? It doesn't fool me or many others.

In the end, a lot of us here just want to know whether or not it will happen again, what will happen in the near future in regards to this forum and all indicia and content, and if anything, is there a future. If there isn't... it was a good ride.

If there is a future, I hope it's not with the people that have continued to make a mockery of the people in positions we once respected. If you cannot understand that, then I am at a loss of words. And if you want to compare me to other people, yourself inclusive, I am a community member that's invested in the devices (all bought with my money, never given one) and programming (Qt, QML, Qt Quick) for clients to test the viability of these products as well done a guide for optimizing your Diablo install on the N810 and behind the scenes have done other community based items. But as it stands, I don't really have to justify my membership ad nauseum. Don't expect me to do this ever again. There is no need.

Does that make me a full-fledged community member? Yes. Does that make me more or less important than any other? No. Do I feel like I've given my all to this community? Not really. Do I think others have given more than I? Yes, indeed. Should I continue to get compared because... well, it makes that one certain person feel better because he's in the spotlight for being downright shady? Not my problem to deal with. Justify yourself on your own time I say.

AIUI (from meeting minutes etc) the council is in talks with Nokia re: handover but everything stalled as there was no legal entity to deal with. This is now finally resolved, and that is why I despaired at the prospect of a new election.
Great. This means that something may finally happen. Now, what will it be I wonder in full?

FYI, I have already volunteered to help run the repositories.
Great. And the outcome of this will be what exactly?

Now, with that said, the facts is that Texrat did not repeal his bid. That's a fact. He has not slowed down this hand-off process, that's a fact. And this communication between you and I has traveled into a semantic laced minefield that honestly is about as masturbatory as anything that I tend to avoid - it has produced absolutely nothing.

Again. Be my guest to continue on. The facts are above, they're settled, there are no delays, no removals of bids and the answers are far too ****ing long to accomplish a damn thing other than make the other person respond unnecessarily.

I've got better things to dedicate my memory to... waste your time at your own leisure.

Please quote where you did this. I don't see it in this thread.
You replied and quoted it on post #23 right here :-)

The last board of directors publicly had issues.
First of all, don't confuse the community council with the foundation board. They are completely different things. There was no last board, this is the first one.

Does that make me a full-fledged community member? Yes. Does that make me more or less important than any other? No. Do I feel like I've given my all to this community? Not really. Do I think others have given more than I? Yes, indeed.
Likewise :-)

Great. And the outcome of this will be what exactly?
Who knows? The issue is not the content but the domain, It's really up to Nokia and those who negotiate with them at this point. With a little luck it may mean that repository.maemo.org might not die in a couple of months.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Now I'm even more regretful that I briefly lost my cool.

Guys, I didn't mean to disrupt or delay anything. I've already explained that I just got frustrated after reading more and more arguing here, topped off by overreactions to a remark I made. Posters can say what they want about a moment of weakness, and I'm really sorry to disappoint by being human.

Let's move on please. I'll be good.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Hm do tell, what could possibly be more important than maemo.org and how are Jolla involved?
I was talking about time sensitivity not importance. Jolla announcement is on Nov. 20/21 - there is confidential information to be received and the parameters of the cooperation have to be worked out. timeline for maemo.org is Dec. 31

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread