Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
I got my tablet pre-order money back, but I'd still like to get the tablet. I understand many are in the same position, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Maybe someone is e.g. dissapointed in the lack of apps compiled for the tablet, something which doesn't bother me.

It seems the Sailfish device landscape is getting more diverse and for development I'd need something more than the original Jolla phone. The tablet would be killing two birds with one stone, as it's a higher pixel density screen as well as a significantly larger screen that my current phone. A better choice than Jolla C, which I missed as well.

I'm willing to pay original price + possible shipping to Helsinki.

Last edited by otsaloma; 2016-06-13 at 21:29.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I wish I had one to sell to you but unfortunately I don't. Hope you get your hands on one.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by otsaloma View Post
I got my tablet pre-order money back, but I'd still like to get the tablet. I understand many are in the same position, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Maybe someone is e.g. dissapointed in the lack of apps compiled for the tablet, something which doesn't bother me.

It seems the Sailfish device landscape is getting more diverse and for development I'd need something more than the original Jolla phone. The tablet would be killing two birds with one stone, as it's a higher pixel density screen as well as a significantly larger screen that my current phone. A better choice than Jolla C, which I missed as well.

I'm willing to pay original price + possible shipping to Helsinki.

I doubt you'll be lucky to get one for the original price. Jolla Tablets on Ebay usually sells for 400-500€.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
I doubt you'll be lucky to get one for the original price. Jolla Tablets on Ebay usually sells for 400-500€.
”usually” sounds like you have seen more than the two high priced auctions we discussed in this forum?
No offense, but i have seen only the two + two more offered here for ”not-so-nice-price”.
Around 10 others that went for 300-350€ +shipping.

Please clarify on how many you have seen.
I am under the impression that price has settled at original perks amount after some peaks during the final delivery weeks?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Didn't you get yours in the end Dave? You should have mentioned.

[sorry- couldn't help myself ]

Also might well be the case that a fairly close-knit and ideologically driven community like this is willing to give a better price to a dev than a random ebayer (especially when many buyers are just flipping or collecting... evidently some of us believe it's still more than a museum piece)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Did you check taobao? Some time ago someone mentioned they still had tablets to sell.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
Also might well be the case that a fairly close-knit and ideologically driven community like this is willing to give a better price to a dev than a random ebayer
This is what I'm hoping for. Not that I'd expect anyone to let go of a useful and needed device, but maybe someone was disappointed, moved on during the delays, or ordered two tablets just in case, but lost need for the second.

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Did you check taobao? Some time ago someone mentioned they still had tablets to sell.
I didn't check, I doubt those are left, but either way sounds laborious and uncertain.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Nice day in Tallinn, tablet acquired.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
congrats!
For the record, did you pay more than 350€?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
For the record, did you pay more than 350€?
400 € total for tablet + phone. And 19 € for boat fare.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96821

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post: