Active Topics

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Ill just wait for the deb, but thank you for trying . I have the utmost faith in mister F2thaK.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Ill just wait for the deb, but thank you for trying . I have the utmost faith in mister F2thaK.
I don't suggest you install this version anyways...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Not having developer-mode activated does just result in lesser control. It definitly does not use more resources or drain battery faster.

Terminal could be installed through the browser if needed but i do not see it necessary to go the extra mile for that when it easier to just enable developer-mode. There are no benefits in not having developer-mode activated.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Cool, it was just a feeling I got, probably aided by theories and uninformed comments Ive read here and there. So no background processes or anything extra will be running with devmode on?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Cool, it was just a feeling I got, probably aided by theories and uninformed comments Ive read here and there. So no background processes or anything extra will be running with devmode on?
I would also like to know. I heard sumthin like the SSH server is always running ? I dont know...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Not having developer-mode activated does just result in lesser control. It definitly does not use more resources or drain battery faster.
Just as you state this. I have to disagree. Not saying that I have empirical data to back it up; I just have to go by my experience.

And apparently, our experiences differ. I'm not talking about drastic changes; I'm talking about one big enough for me to see a difference in terms of hours before I have to recharge as opposed to lasting all day.

Scientific or logic evidence? No. But as it stands, you don't either.

Some folks are having issues with ssh "sticking" (search for it) or some other services that are only active during dev mode that are somewhat problematic. Not all, just some.

And I'm one of those "some". That's my take.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Just as you state this. I have to disagree. Not saying that I have empirical data to back it up; I just have to go by my experience.

And apparently, our experiences differ. I'm not talking about drastic changes; I'm talking about one big enough for me to see a difference in terms of hours before I have to recharge as opposed to lasting all day.

Scientific or logic evidence? No. But as it stands, you don't either.

Some folks are having issues with ssh "sticking" (search for it) or some other services that are only active during dev mode that are somewhat problematic. Not all, just some.

And I'm one of those "some". That's my take.
Sure if you are hit by some bug that could be the case.. I have however tested and not found any difference. I have been using /usr/bin/bmestat and top to see but couldn't. Sure it is not powertop but still something. *Wish powertop would get ported to make this things easier to see*

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Ive reverted to zip for install so its safe now.

I have Darker theme installed and it's running fine.
Do I have faster transitions too?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Yes, *Faster* Darker theme has the faster transitions.

This is for those who dont want the dark theme.