Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
I think that in this page could be more faster on start | reroute | clean by inserting thats icons on this page showed below, and not on the next page. will more 2X. then the page with this icons current has to be removed, just leaving the page of instruccions of the road.
note: just icons on the corners i guess.
I agree, starting should be easier and it makes sense to add start button when the route is calculated.

I am not so sure about reroute and clean. Let me think about it and please do remind me a bit later

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I have just released 1.10.0. This release is about going through filed issues and fixing some of them.

This release adds profiles. Profiles are used to switch between online and offline configurations simply. Each service is marked to which of the profiles they belong. In addition, we have "Mixed" profile which would list all services available, as it was so far. I changed default online search provider to Photon due to absence of API key and support for search-as-you-type.

Introduction of profiles has an interesting side-effect. Its now possible to add full HERE functionality that they expose via REST API. So far, it has not been possible due to the licensing terms (they allow search and other results to be displayed on their maps only). I can imagine that with HERE profile we can easily partition these data away from the rest. Although, I don't plan to work on it in foreseeable future.

I have added a circle around current location to indicate GPS precision. This should help to visualize initial uncertainty at the start of the program.

Also TTS testing is now possible without driving or running around. As suggested, there is now a way in Preferences allowing you to test TTS configuration.

Since many options have been moved to Preferences earlier, I moved Preferences from Pull down menu to one of the items in Menu list. This should make it easier to find.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I have added a circle around current location to indicate GPS precision. This should help to visualize initial uncertainty at the start of the program.
Coool.
I did not even dare to ask for a precision circle and you deliver it. Great.
Donation incoming.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Coool.
I did not even dare to ask for a precision circle and you deliver it. Great.
Donation incoming.
Thank you very much! In the end, that part, was mostly copy of the older code (less than 10 lines from poor maps gl) with a small reshuffle. It's no problem to ask - many things can be simpler than you expect ...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I have just released 1.10.0. [...] Also TTS testing is now possible without driving or running around. As suggested, there is now a way in Preferences allowing you to test TTS configuration.
Thanks a million for this feature and all the other good stuff!!! I really really appreciate all your work!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
1.11.0 is out.

This release adds reverse geocoding - aka getting information regarding location from its coordinates. Thus, when you add new POI by long click, Pure Maps will request information regarding it. So, if there is any (within 10% of your screen), you will get address of the building or name of the cafe or something similar.

I have moved selection of providers into menus to cleanup the navigation, search, and guide pages. In addition, follow me/navigation switch has been moved to the menu as well. These changes should allow users to focus on the task in hand and not be reading settings (which usually stay the same) first.

Search page has been redesigned with the plan of hooking it later to either a bar (like in HERE and Google Maps) or a button (OSMAnd and MAPS.ME) on the main screen. On entry, search field is activated allowing you to type the query immediately. Search now shows separately POIs, autocompletion suggestions, and recent searches. Addition of POIs allows you to use this search for all data. I am considering applying the same type of search page for entry of navigation points (To/From) and reference point in Nearby.

As you could see from the changes, I am working on user interaction with the application mainly. So, I am curious on whether the taken direction is an expected one and whether it improves application.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
search look a lot better, however on my test when i search something the resulted still the same. i mean, it doesn't give me the results i want.
OSMscout from karry, has high precision on search, i wish the same in PMs. i just saying ...

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-12-13 at 21:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
search look i lot better, however on my test when i search something the resulted still the same. i mean, it doesn't give me the results i want.
OSMscout from karry, has high precision on search. i just saying ...
Re missing data/results: I presume you use OSM Scout Server for search, right? Can you specify what are the server backends that are used: geocoder-nlp with libpostal enabled?

If you use geocoder-nlp, maybe you could send me an example search which works in OSMScout and doesn't in OSM Scout Server via PM? Since it works in Karry's application, data should be there...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
Re missing data/results: I presume you use OSM Scout Server for search, right? Can you specify what are the server backends that are used: geocoder-nlp with libpostal enabled?

If you use geocoder-nlp, maybe you could send me an example search which works in OSMScout and doesn't in OSM Scout Server via PM? Since it works in Karry's application, data should be there...
OSMSS for search: yes
server backends: default
i will push some screenshot here later today.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Katowice, PL
There was a small change for those wanting to add own map sources (not documented as for now): there's a new line needed in definition, assigning the source to profile:

"profiles": ["mixed", "online"],

Also, I have tried to suggest a change in Polish translation; I have no transifex experience, so I hope nothing got destroyed in the process It was "Exit" -- translated as "Wyjście", but in road context it would be "Zjazd" or "Wyjazd".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to briest For This Useful Post: