Active Topics

yes , i doubt because the lots of bug applications and different problem, I don't know if the N900 is pretty good for phone application and messaging as the E72.

N900 spec are great for sure, it beat E72 . but E72 has great battery life and phone quality seems to be better than N900.

The difference is the multimedia and application, i think.

but actually no news about n900 next firmware and buggy or strange working of the system. for me the big lack for this phone is the battery like.

perhaps anybody can help me to make the good choise.

i want :
- good phone application
- good messaging system
- good web browser
- good autonomy
- play ogg or flac audio file
- possibility to play mame and old game basically.

and both do that i suppose ?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by testarc View Post

- good phone application
- good messaging system
- good web browser
- good autonomy
- play ogg or flac audio file
- possibility to play mame and old game basically.
E72 would be a great choice for two first items on your list.

N900 for the rest.

-battery life ?? i see post that says that is a problem of N900
- audio file : N900 i think
- mame game : E72 port exist but i don't know the difference of speed because E72 has 600 mhz too but small screen : not easy but usable ?

If you need Mail for Exchange and your company only supports devices that can be provisioned, the E72 is your only choice at the momemt. If not, then go for the N900.

i'm surprise of your comment because , autonomy is bad on N900 ?

and comparing the price , i think the E72 is best good quality/price as N900 (due to lot of application and 'pro' version)

but does anybody have compare 'IN USE' only the N900 and E72 ?

At the moment N900 is not mature for business people, e-mail client in all types of accounts is slow. No corporate directory support in Exchange!
Can't edit office files.
Battery life not yet enough for full working day,
Not real profiles to customised, groups, timed, and all other details we have been using in phones for past ten years.

but does the N900 will become 'Mature' ... i know that dev work on it but is nokia work on N900 or just the community on maemo.org ?

Remains to be seen,
I have ALL Nokia devices with qwerty (except E72) starting from 9000 year 1996 and have seen the development which is slower today than it used to be. When getting to business trips I have two phones with me, fixed N97 and N900, N97 has most of required applocations but i's slow.
Let's hope that N900 will have all the "regular" Symbian phone app's soon.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
i Happen to own both an E72 and N900 all I can say is the E72 is an awesome smart phone, the map, phone side, messaging , speed, and multitasking is the best symbian has to offer.

Areas its better than the N900 are: it can be used one handed, better qwerty keys, i can type much faster than the N900. has more 3rd party applications plus the best mbloggling client for any smart phone ( looking at gravity) it is very slim and has a very small form factor.

Areas are prefer the N900 is the screen the E72 screen is very small and the web experience is not good at all. also my N900 has better reception compared to my e72., coolness the N900 is just a cooler device, I love maemo and the whole UI. I see my N900 as an internet device and use my E72 has my smart phone. for me both compliment very well. If what you need is a smart phone, I would go for the E72, but if what you need is an internet tablet device then the choice is simple

My Blog

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbrovar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Eugene, Or
I had planned on purchasing an e72 since September, but things have changed.

I chose the N900 over the e72 because the N900 is an all in one device and AT&T will not charge me the $29.99 data plan.

AT&T instituted a policy that all smart phones require their $29.99 data plan regardless of whether you purchased your phone locked or unlocked. Upon further investigation I learned that this only applied to models that AT&T sold or were substantially similar (e71-e71x). AT&T will never carry the n900 because of its incompatibility with their 3g network. Data isn't a big deal to me and won't be until I finish grad school because I am in perpetual wifi... (why pay for something inferior (edge/3g) when I have free access to wifi?)

The e72 has a small screen which makes it borderline useless for web browsing and video. The e72, like the n900, is currently incompatible with exchange 2003. The e72 while having an "ok" camera, its video function was abysmal.

The n900 is a powerhouse = flash enabled, great music and video player, full internet, remote control, games, gps, great video + still camera, etc, etc because of the openness of the OS the possibilities are limitless.