Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Check out Puchi in maemo.org's app section. This app allows you to modify the tint of a theme, though I've never come up with anything too useful. The interesting thing was, when I picked the puchi theme without having made any changes, I was staring back at bare bones X! The traditionalist theme

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
i found the unskinned version impossible to use

anyway. the tool is very nice! sadly, it doesnt adjust the pure white parts of the skin, so if you take a skin that has white parts and make it darker, the white parts stay... thats a real bummer

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Agreed... what would be cool is using source from GIMP or the mageMagick lib to *replace* colours w/fuzziness settings. I want a red theme agin but with the OS2006 look.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hedgecore For This Useful Post:
Hedgecore just use Konttori's ThemeMaker 0.85, works awesome. Copy a stock maemo theme off your 770 (usr/share/themes) then browse through the files and use a graphics app to copy and paste those onto the nuvothemeSourceImage.png, Biggest problem is this would proly take around 6-8 hours tinkering for someone new to the app to figure out how to use it. ThemeMakers basic settings, as in what you see when you open the nuvothemeSourceImage.png is konttori's nuvo theme not a stock maemo theme so it may be hard for a newcomer to figure out what element in the image to change to get the desired results you want. It's trial and error trying to figure out what to change. One of these days i will do a full tutorial on how to use ThemeMaker.
Quick how to use Thememaker:
download ThemeMaker from https://garage.maemo.org/projects/thememaker
in the Thememaker folder open nuvothemeSourceImage.png in a Graphics app like photoshop or gimp that can do .png files.
nuvothemeSourceImage.png is an image that has 90% of all of a themes images on one image file(there are over 500 ideviduale images that make up a theme).
You edit parts of the picture in between red cut marks to display as you like.
Take care to notice transparency around edges of certain parts of the theme.
After editing the image save it as a .png file.
make sure you save it to the same location inside thememaker folder as nuvothemeSourceImage.png.
Run the MaemoThemeMaker.jar app.
Name your theme and select a font size (Personally i like 16.75 for system font and 32 for large font which is the thumb keyboard font).
then select build theme.
After building is complete you will find a .deb file with the theme name you chose.
Copy that to your 770 and use application manager to install it.
You can try My AquaOS theme at http://web.mac.com/sonicjunki/iWeb/770/770.html to see what iv done using ThemeMaker. Konttori has done allot of work to ensure this app works as it should, he really has been great at taking all the recommendations i made along the way into account to make this app WORK! Tinting a theme just seems so lame to me but hats off for the effort.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
Wiedless,
That looks great, I am impressed. My only CON woukld be that I was ready to load that puppy right up and then saw what it takes tio install it (Understandably nothing with the 770 is ever a breeze) Wish you could do a simpler install. But once again, looks reak good I like it.

BB 8330 w/ SPRINT

NOKIA 770 w/ OS 2006
1 GB SanDisk RS-MMC

Wiredless: It's a slick looking theme (though I hate pretty much all Apple stands for (aside from the fact they're running Unix))... but with all the brickage involved with that theme maker I've steered clear. I don't have anything on my 770 that I can't get back right now so I don't mind reflashing... but if it's anything uncorrectable via flash I'm screwed. I'm in Canada where there's zero support and I drove to Michigan to get one. I don't want to be stranded with a $500 paperweight.

I guess the early revisions of the theme (and/or thememaker) had issues, but the latest version of AquaOS installed without a hitch and with no hacking involved. Very nice and easy on the eyes (I just wish there were more font size options - 12pt is too small for me, and 16pt still a bit wasteful. 14 woulda been just right :-)