Active Topics

I noticed that he wanted to attack the phone (Apple/Palm $Cash$/fan-guy). (Probably the only research he have done was that n900 got resistive touchscreen). He took it within his hands and start tapping it in a way to make sure that it looks useless and don't register. The funny part is,it did but to move from a desktop into anther he have to be keep holding it while moving his finger horizontally.

Over all for someone who'v got 4 mobiles I am sure he won't believe himself if he got it for free (The way he was starring at it :P)

I thought the representation was a little unfair from Engadget, it did make the N900 look like an expensive paper weight: which clearly it isn't.

I've used a 5800 and the screen wasn't bad at all, so if this is any better than that I don't think it would be a disaster. From the videos of people using the device, and hand's on time that people have had with the device it seems positive.

Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
Trust me dude, there has been many a time I have jabbed at my iphone and not got the response I was looking for or were i was poking a letter and got the wrong one. Much is based on the users skill. However, like I said you have to use it before you know if you like it.
True. I was trying to type out my email address on my cousin's iPhone earlier today at dinner. He has Shazam to let him identify songs playing (I want Shazam on the n900!) and I wanted to send him to send it to me so I could look into it later. It took me a good few minutes to type out my first + last name @ gmail.com with the iPhone's keyboard in portrait mode.

I should've bashed it for being imprecise. =P

PS: If anyone's interested this was the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8GU-aullq8

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@Laughing Man: if you're not used to using the iphone's osk, it's easier to use the 2 handed hold & point method I think the main issue is that cap screens register the surface (and shape?) of the contact areas and in iPhone's case it determines the intended tap\click area as the (averaged) middle spot... and this may not be the most natural thing for us at first when trying to thumb type (different people have different areas of the thumb that comes in contact with the screen).

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
PS: If anyone's interested this was the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8GU-aullq8
Hm, catchy title! "This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions."

@ysss

Yeah, I know, that's why I don't bash the iPhone capacitative touch screen for being imprecise (I was joking about it up there). With any given device there's some user learning that has to be done no matter how much usability testing that has been done.

@qole

*sigh* Copyright fail again. >.<

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Coming soon. Exp. release 2009, 3Q
Maybe that's the case in the US, but the BL40 is in stock and on sale at Carphone Warehouse in my city in the UK.

And they better hurry up where you are, because there's only about ten days of 3Q left!

The Following User Says Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post: