Active Topics

Notices

Hi, I installed 1.4.1 version. I noticed that audio download not working. is there a solution?

Originally Posted by abufaisal.o View Post
Hi, I installed 1.4.1 version. I noticed that audio download not working. is there a solution?
Download and install the latest 1.4.4 on the front page. Audio download should be fixed now (I've been using it).

The Following User Says Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Yisroel491 View Post
is there another way to get this cute tube for the n9? it seems i am unable to buy anything from the ovi in my country which sucks in general.
Not yet. I haven't found the time to set up an alternative.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
In ~/.config/cuteTube/cuteTube.conf I've set my cuteTube download directory to /home/user/MyDocs/Movies as I want to avoid cluttering the device with useless directories. I aim to have all my video files in the same place as I'm in opinion that video is a video anyway.

Videos are downloaded into ~/MyDocs/Movies allright, but the cuteTube itself is unable to play them (it needs a subdirectory named cuteTube for showing archived stuff). It's not a huge issue since I can use other players to watch the movies, but it would be nice to have ability to watch downloaded (and other) videos in the cuteTube itself.
cuteTube is not designed to play local videos other than those downloaded within the application. That's the purpose of having the subfolder. It prevents other videos being listed in the archive.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by jessi3k3 View Post
marxian, awesome work on cutetube!

Using the latest 1.4.4 version on my n900, i noticed that when I select mplayer as my renderer, multiple mplayer instances open when trying to watch a video. I tested other renderers (such as kmplayer which is a frontend for mplayer) and it only seems to happen with mplayer.

edit: interesting, upon restarting it no longer does this. I did just reproduce it by switching from 'media player' to 'mplayer' without restarting the program.
It seems that the video launcher method is called twice (when using an external media player). It won't be noticeable with kmplayer or the stock media player, because these are called via dbus, so the existing instance is called again to play the video. mplayer is called using QProcess (it doesn't have a dbus service), so a second instance will be created if the method is called twice.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It seems that the process is not terminated when you close the application. I have never experienced this on my device, so maybe it's something else that you have installed that is preventing termination. Can you try launching cuteTube from the terminal and then closing the application? There might be some useful output.

To launch from terminal, enter the following:

Code:
/opt/cutetube/bin/cutetube
i have finally been able to do that. This is the outcome:

Found SGX/MBX driver, enabling FullClearOnEveryFrame
Found v1.4 driver, enabling brokenTexSubImage
Successfully resolved MeeGo graphics system: /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/graphicssystems/libqmeegographicssystem.so

MeegoGraphics: found EGL_NOK_image_shared
MeegoGraphics: found EGL_KHR_lock_surface2
MeegoGraphics: found EGL_KHR_fence_sync
Found SGX/MBX driver, enabling FullClearOnEveryFrame
Found v1.4 driver, enabling brokenTexSubImage
X Error: BadDamage (invalid Damage parameter) 153
Extension: 146 (Uknown extension)
Minor opcode: 2 (Unknown request)
Resource id: 0x29
Found EGL_KHR_image_pixmap & GL_OES_EGL_image extensions (preferred method)!
Found texture_from_pixmap EGL extension!

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
i get no connection to server when the videos open up in media player.it used to work not now after the latest update.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Meran, Italy
Originally Posted by jessi3k3 View Post
Download and install the latest 1.4.4 on the front page. Audio download should be fixed now (I've been using it).
Dear marxian,

thanks in advance for Your wonderful app!
I was only wondering why the application is not in the maemo repository and thus why it is not directly upgradable to 1.4.4 with a simple "apt-get upgrade" rather than dowloading separately the app from ubuntuone and then installing it manually with dpkg...

Thanks in advance again!
pkz

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by pkz View Post

I was only wondering why the application is not in the maemo repository and thus why it is not directly upgradable to 1.4.4 with a simple "apt-get upgrade" rather than dowloading separately the app from ubuntuone and then installing it manually with dpkg...
Autobuilder is not working so developers cannot release updates to the repositories ATM.
FYI it is best to use HAM when updating packages.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Dailymotion is currently not working, and not just through cutetube but on QDL too

they must've changed something

Tags
youtube