Notices

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by luf View Post
I see boot there correct obexd initialization and that's all. I don't know if you even have paired the computer with N900.
Let's try to remove pairing from computer and also from N900 (Settings -> Bluetooth -> Device(s)). For sure you can also:
1) kill obexd
2) stop bluetoothd
3) remove content of /var/lib/bluetooth
4) enable bluetooth debug (in /etc/event.d/bluetoothd change "exec /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -n" to "exec /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -n -d"
5) shutdown the phone
6) start the phone
7) pair phone with the computer
8) try the file transfer
it looks the same as my problem (yesterday on the IRC), re-pairing is not enough, he needs to "delete" the device from the PC and add it again

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
IrMC level implemented in obexd is IEL: 2 (from source code).
I'm just sorry for not checking myself; i'm not a lazy guy. But while being abroad on yet another business trip in a hotel room in Georgia, i just received news today that one of my longest-duration (13yrs since i met him at a former employer) friend was yesterday killed in a damn motorcycle accident, without being guilty, by a f*cking not-attention-paying 78yrs old who just blew him off the road.
Exactly 14 days before his 54th birthday. The information was just coming in by different sources during last hours: so my mind is all elsewhere now. And so i can't even visit his wife that is in the hospital; and their daugther just lost her father.

Both were like my surrogate family for me, for years.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-09-17 at 18:29.

Let's try to remove pairing from computer and also from N900 (Settings -> Bluetooth -> Device(s)). For sure you can also:
1) kill obexd
2) stop bluetoothd
3) remove content of /var/lib/bluetooth
4) enable bluetooth debug (in /etc/event.d/bluetoothd change "exec /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -n" to "exec /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -n -d"
5) shutdown the phone
6) start the phone
7) pair phone with the computer
8) try the file transfer
It did not help.

Originally Posted by freemangordon
re-pairing is not enough, he needs to "delete" the device from the PC and add it again
It might help, I did that recently, but adds a next device in the registry with the next number #, and I do not want.
Among other things because I've done lately recovery.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pinochio View Post
It might help, I did that recently, but adds a next device in the registry with the next number #, and I do not want.
Among other things because I've done lately recovery.
Then find a way to tell you PC bluetooth stack to forget what's cached and re-discover the available services and whatnot. I start to believe that the problem is with the SW you are using on your PC and not with obexd. As I had exactly the same behavior here (win XP) - FTP service is listed, but nothing appears when you try to browse it. And obexd generates no log.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

It is possible that SW is underdeveloped, the other does not work. I installed the latest WIDCOMM Bluetooth - Azurewave BlueTooth driver v. V6.5.1.2500 and somehow recently surprised http://support.asus.com.tw/download/..._type=27&os=30

Why with obexd_0.18 no problem? Well, before updating to CSSU-S v. 4.1 also work with obexd_0.46.

Last edited by pinochio; 2012-09-17 at 21:11.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by pinochio View Post
Why with obexd_0.18 no problem? Well, before updating to CSSU-S v. 4.1 also work with obexd_0.46.
It's too hard to say for me as I'm unable to reproduce (lack of Win 7) and it's very hard to get reasonable debug output from you.
You still go back here instead of IRC.

Are you able to flush all BT info for your N900 from the computer?

I need for more troubleshooting:
bluetoothd debug + obexd debug + (at the best also hcidump):
1) CSSU-S 3.0 + obexd_0.18 (just --debug)
2) CSSU-S 3.0 + obexd_0.46 (--debug='*')
3) CSSU-S 4.1 + obexd_0.46 (--debug='*')

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Are you able to flush all BT info for your N900 from the computer?
I do not know just how to do it?

I installed the latest version of obexd ( on previous 0.46-1maemo2+cssu1)
Code:
obexd_0.46-1maemo3+0cssu1_armel.deb
rtcom-eventlogger-async_0.1_armel.deb
librtcom-eventlogger1-async_0.1_armel.deb
Nothing helped.
Here is a new syslog.
Attached Files
File Type: zip syslogd-new.zip (21.3 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by pinochio; 2012-09-18 at 10:21.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
New version released. I included the new obexd into CSSU-T (as you noticed). But it's release cycle is too slow and I want to test it more frequently - it's also easier for bug hunting.

Changelog:
obexd (0.46-1maemo4+0cssu1)
* Initial MAP support (no notifications, no push methods)
* Disable Syncevolution SYNCML plugin as it conflicts with Nokia one and break bluetooth synchronization
* Add phone type none into internal vcard handling
* Regression: Fixes: NB#149737 - Not possible to browse external memory card through file manager in pc suite

obexd (0.46-1maemo3+0cssu2) - this version is included in CSSU-T
* Backport client bluetooth connection
* Disable MAP as the support isn't working yet

For call history and MAP support you need rtcom-eventlogger-async packages. I finally fixed the missing dependency for it.
Patched evolution-data-server package is recommended (you can download it from previous release).

You can find all packages (and more) with sources on merlin's server.

I have to investigate if and how I can add notifications and push methods into the MAP. So I don't know if it'll be included in next release.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...have added wiki info about importance of 'rtcom-eventlogger-async' for accessing call history.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Last evening, i just managed to install missing rtcom-eventlogger-async.

Headunit: Alpine CDA-137BTi w/ BT firmware 1.14
Packages: just the latest ones available (as listed on the post above and on merlin's server)

Former situation: ok
Phonebook access: working (PB update possible too), entries with multiple numbers are marked as that
Call history: not working ("No Memory" is displayed on headunit for Dialed, Received, Missed Calls)

Ok, tried accessing call history this morning. N900 was rebooted at least twice, still no call history. Went on deleting device entry in headunit and re-paired my mobile.

Current situation: interesting
Phonebook access: not working ("PB update" is still displayed as it was like before after being freshly paired, but now just "No Memory" is shown during access of PB)
Call history: partly working ("No Memory" is still displayed for "Dialed Calls", whereas entries are now listed for both "Missed Calls" and "Received Calls" - but unit displays them with "NO Name", probably because of empty PB on unit)

This smells like i have to dig deeply into it and generate some logs...

Btw: with patched 'evolution-data-server' package, is this patch also in the CSSU-T version? I compared revision numbers, and they seem to be the same.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-10-10 at 07:23.

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile