Notices

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Okay guys, thanks for the feedback!

I reviewed the things in the planned features section and added some corrections. (See the first post in this thread for details.) I also added some missing details to the FAQ about licensing and stuff. (No change, I just forgot to add them previously.)

I would soon like to create a release that can be considered stable and would like to get it to Extras.
Before this, I'd like to ask some questions from all my users.
  • In your opinion, how stable Sticky Notes is?
  • Has it ever crashed?
  • Is it reliable enough for everyday use?

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post

I reviewed the things in the planned features section and added some corrections. (See the first post in this thread for details.) I also added some missing details to the FAQ about licensing and stuff. (No change, I just forgot to add them previously.)

I would soon like to create a release that can be considered stable and would like to get it to Extras.
  • Has it ever crashed?
i think its pretty stable, for me it havent crashed yet been using it for quite sometime.. quite reliable i like its ease of use, just click on desktop and type, nice and good work man

N9 64gb black

The Following User Says Thank You to zaoltryence For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
I can't write alternatve key characters by pressing a key longer. A character is repeated instead how it was in PR1.1.

The Following User Says Thank You to mivoligo For This Useful Post:
I find it very stable. I've never had a crash (and I use it constantly).

The Following User Says Thank You to SallyJane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
Hi Venemo,
thx for the reply. I am very sorry, the desktop-changing is totally random, when it happens it happens usually just after a reboot. I mentioned that because another person experienced it, so something wrong doeas exist somewhere, but I didn't figure out how to reproduce it.
Yes mine seems to happen most on a reboot as well. I have four sticky notes in use, all on the same desktop.

Last edited by etuoyo; 2010-08-30 at 09:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:

• Has it ever crashed?
Apart from my four notes randomnly appearing on a different desktop it is quite stable. Never had any crash. And as I mentioned previously it is my only third party widget that does not disappear. Definitely reliable enough for everyday use.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
I can't write alternatve key characters by pressing a key longer. A character is repeated instead how it was in PR1.1.
This is most likely a bug in Qt. I will investigate furter. (Perhaps a bug report for the Qt guys is in order.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Hmm... I will try to reproduce it myself.
So, usually after reboot. This gives me ideas, thanks!
Can anyone else confirm this?

I would also be interested in how many notes do you usually have on your desktops?
three sticky notes on three different desktops

Wow, I like this!
Your issue has fixed itself - this is a lucky thing.
Installing mussorgsky and trying to resolve its dependencies today, I noticed there was a conflict with Simplenotewidget.
The latter depends infact on qt4-maemo5-homescreen-loader, which conflictis with qt4-homescreen-loader on which instead Sticky Notes depends. This explain both the failed installation and the fact that SN worked anyway. After the removal of SimpleNoteWidget, an apt-get -f install solved the broken dependency.
All the happening had been reported in case somebody else encounter same problem - really it would have been enough to uninstall SimpleNoteWidget before installing Sticky Notes.

The Following User Says Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
I noticed there was a conflict with Simplenotewidget.
That's it?
What functionality does the Simplenotewidget provide that is missing from Sticky Notes?

That's it?
What functionality does the Simplenotewidget provide that is missing from Sticky Notes?
I used to use Simplenotewidget until PR1.2. After that update, the double-tap to edit function of the widget no longer worked, and the applet has not been updated since (to my knowledge), so it is currently not useable. Since then I have been using the Yellow Notes applet. The only thing preventing me from switching to Sticky Notes is the fact that there is no visual indicator showing that there is more text to scroll down to if you have a lot of text. I use Yellow Notes as a "to-do" list, and its important to know if there are other things in the note that you need to scroll down to see. Yellow Notes shows a scroll bar when there is more text to scroll down to. With Sticky Notes, if I have a list that is larger than the default applet size, I can't tell if there is more text to scroll down to without selecting the widget and using the arrow keys to scroll down. I think Sticky Notes is the best notes applet for ease of use and customization, but I can't switch to using it unless this feature is included. (feature request )

p.s. being able to resize the applet would be great too

Last edited by Grant; 2010-08-31 at 14:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Grant For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, maemo 5, notes, sticky notes, widget