Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Discovered "MyContacts" when I was mooching about in downloads.
Looking good, so far. Tried to get a couple of screenshots of portrait mode, but it kept going to landscape when I opened the keypad.

Now, if someone could make an app that you could assign one of the side buttons to take screenshots. (But that's another thread).
You can always change the screen orientation to portrait on the menu so you will be able to take screenshots...

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Scandinavian letters are not shown up.

And also, how do I search the contacts? If I start to type it only regognises the first letter and jumps to the first name that starts with that letter. If I type more it just continues jumping to the letter just typed.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Scandinavian letters are not shown up.

And also, how do I search the contacts? If I start to type it only regognises the first letter and jumps to the first name that starts with that letter. If I type more it just continues jumping to the letter just typed.
There is a bug on qt mobility handling non-asc characters so until it is fixed there is nothing I can do about it.

When you click the key on the virtual keyboard it will search for the next match that starts with it, clicking the second will search for the first match of the two letters and so on... the timing is very critical: if you click the second one before the application has a chance to search for the first it will just search for the the second.... if it takes you too long between clicks the application will start over... it is actually exactly how the list works with the physical keyboard on landscape mode.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
@fcrochik,

Thank you very much for this app!
It will be super to use it as substitute to normal Contacts menu.

I have a suggestions about improvement:
1. It will be possible to include a menu "settings", in which we can change the start window from "thumbnails" to "Contacts", so when you open the app - it will show all contacts ( for example) and no thumbnails;
2. Possibility to add to "thumbnails" additional contacts;
3. When you start type a number with keyboard - to show is this number already saved into Contacts - as Android, WinMo, Iphone OS has.

Thank you again for your efforts.
If you need help with testing - just e-mail me.
Regards. ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to jorjino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jorjino View Post
1. It will be possible to include a menu "settings", in which we can change the start window from "thumbnails" to "Contacts", so when you open the app - it will show all contacts ( for example) and no thumbnails;
I sure can... The issue, as it is and I am sure you have noticed, is that getting the list of contacts takes a long time. For the thumbnails I created a "cache" so the application can display them right away. I am hopeful that a new release of qt mobility will speed things up or I may be forced to replace it.

2. Possibility to add to "thumbnails" additional contacts;
Right now the easiest way is to just edit the contact on the standard contacts application and assign an image to the contact (it can be any image - like one of the 3d avatars). Next time you hit the reload button on "myContacts" it will add the new contact to the thumbnails view. I want to avoid editing the contacts on the "mycontacts" application for now.

3. When you start type a number with keyboard - to show is this number already saved into Contacts - as Android, WinMo, Iphone OS has.
That is an interesting idea that I didn't think about. I will see what I can do about it. Please keep them coming !

Thank you again for your efforts.
If you need help with testing - just e-mail me.
Regards. ;-)
Please make sure to subscribe to this thread, I will post about any new releases and I DO need you to keep testing

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I sure can... The issue, as it is and I am sure you have noticed, is that getting the list of contacts takes a long time. For the thumbnails I created a "cache" so the application can display them right away. I am hopeful that a new release of qt mobility will speed things up or I may be forced to replace it.
Yes, I faced this.

Right now the easiest way is to just edit the contact on the standard contacts application and assign an image to the contact (it can be any image - like one of the 3d avatars). Next time you hit the reload button on "myContacts" it will add the new contact to the thumbnails view. I want to avoid editing the contacts on the "mycontacts" application for now.
Thank you - this i a good idea.

That is an interesting idea that I didn't think about. I will see what I can do about it. Please keep them coming !
I`ll do my best.
Best regards!

Please make sure to subscribe to this thread, I will post about any new releases and I DO need you to keep testing [/QUOTE]

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
This might sound a stupid idea and you seem to be already full of requests for your app, but why not seize the opportunity and try to implement a way of assigning custom ringtones to contacts and contact groups? Your application would be the ideal application to have grouping and a custom field called 'ringtone', and it would be just a matter of setting up a daemon for changing the ringtone on-the-fly like the python script in this thread.

Can anyone put up screenshots?

Originally Posted by Patola View Post
This might sound a stupid idea and you seem to be already full of requests for your app, but why not seize the opportunity and try to implement a way of assigning custom ringtones to contacts and contact groups? Your application would be the ideal application to have grouping and a custom field called 'ringtone', and it would be just a matter of setting up a daemon for changing the ringtone on-the-fly like the python script in this thread.
You read my mind! I am working on that right now...

I want to try to play the sound instead of changing it on the fly... Do you know if anybody has tried it? You could just assign a "mute" sound to the profile and let my application handle the sound by itself... sounds to me like a better option but I haven't tried it

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Tried the app, it turned out that all pictures it shows are attributed to wrong contacts when clicked..