Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Italy
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Nice background, the second. I'm now using 0.8 black. If I have feedback I'll post it. Just wanted to say: thank you for the black version!!
you are welcome, but I told you, wasnt a big deal .

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by ciroip View Post
Yes, Im using theme maker: thank you for the great app!!
I dont understand why TM keep changing the values of the app menu colors so I must manually edit the file to have the colors I want. Not a big deal anyway.
As allnameswereout pointed out I still dont really understand which is the color or the 'block' to edit for the 'selectors'.
Sadly Im stuck with the 1.3 because any other newer versions seem dont accept the png and freeze at 1%. Anyway Im pretty sure I can use the 1.7 to repackage the png I split with the 1.3 so (when the theme will be mature enough) Ill could probably use it for the icons.
Yeah, well, the choice to move to the 'full' theme is so and so justifyable. If you want, I *can* include the support for the old template as well. I know the old template is SOO much easier to use that it might be worth simply sticking with that. It's just that with the new template you can pretty much replace everything. Maybe I should invest a bit of effort to drop the completely redundant stuff from the new template. If someone is willing to help me with that, that woud be great.

The Following User Says Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Yeah, well, the choice to move to the 'full' theme is so and so justifyable. If you want, I *can* include the support for the old template as well. I know the old template is SOO much easier to use that it might be worth simply sticking with that. It's just that with the new template you can pretty much replace everything. Maybe I should invest a bit of effort to drop the completely redundant stuff from the new template. If someone is willing to help me with that, that woud be great.
I have no idea what are you talking about
I didn't even know there were 2 different templates around...
If you want check out what I used I posted on garage.maemo.org the .png template used for the theme.
The template that came with theme maker seem pretty clear to me (well, I just hate the positions of some elements that dont let me reuse part of the graphics...).
Anyway I probably finally understand where the problem was with some issue I had with colors.

I'm complete oblovious about how maemo manage the themes, I just trow some graphics to eat to the TM and posted the resulting gargage out there other wise I would be happy to help you out

Last edited by ciroip; 2008-11-07 at 01:16.

Originally Posted by ciroip View Post
Im pretty agree with that
This skin is more a personal stunt than a serious usable skin.
I personally find it a bit too heavy for daily use but my goal is to make a theme to keep installed on the device and show up at parties .

Ill probably release one version with less 'deep effect' (to avoid the confusing blur between icons and borders).
Thank you for your suggestions

HI, I believe that iMac theme would have lot of interest among IT users. I would really request you to work on iMac theme...

Originally Posted by svrkprabhakar View Post
HI, I believe that iMac theme would have lot of interest among IT users. I would really request you to work on iMac theme...

Im pretty agree that everything with an apple logo on could appeal a lot of people but I simply dont get it.
My theme is surely fuglier than apple design but is my point of view and I dont see any creativity to paste a couple of crops from screenshots onto the template for the nokia .
Thank you for the suggestion anyway

Hey, cool down. I didn't mean that your creativity is any less than Apple's. I thought the 3D mania was excellent except for few things I noted in my earlier post. I also wanted to say that there is a dearth of imac theme for IT.

0.81 out. I finally understood something more about the color issue. I finally added the thumb keyboard.

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...12/3Dmania.deb

Last edited by ciroip; 2008-11-07 at 23:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to ciroip For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by svrkprabhakar View Post
Hey, cool down. I didn't mean that your creativity is any less than Apple's. I thought the 3D mania was excellent except for few things I noted in my earlier post. I also wanted to say that there is a dearth of imac theme for IT.
lol, no problem, I hope apple have better designer (and a I hope better paied) than me, and probably more in touch with their users...
My point was that working on something that already exist is pretty boring

quoting Ringo Starr: peace and love, peace and love, peace and love

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
I see this theme as a playground, an experiment. Its very different to the other themes, and also harder to make as well. In the black one, some parts are still blue. But because I know some parts you're still working for I don't know what I can give feedback on. If you could fix the 'selection' issue then I'd happily use the theme as my 'default' theme for a longer time. Because with this issue the theme is not easy to use for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
allnameswereout: you got exactly the spirit behind this project.
Good news, I finally realized what was wrong with the stupid "selection issue".
Im sorry I didn't keep posting both versions (blue and black) but I thinked was pretty useless for following the theme's progress.

I promise I'll upload both versions before the end of the weekend