Active Topics

Progress!

Booting without the external card in, I can now see the 'internal' one, however, I get an error from it at boot saying "Memory card incorrectly formatted or corrupted.

Using the file browser, I can repair or format the drive, but neither fixes the problem. I've used MKFS thoiugh penguinbaits GUI to reformat the disk (using a couplle different formats to see if there's a difference) although they all say successful, the filebrowser still says the card is incorrectly formatted or corrupted.

I used fdisk to delete the partition on the disk, and to create a new one, but that was also unsuccessful.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Hi folks... old timer N800 owner now turned N810 owner with a problem: The External minSD in my tablet doesn't show up at all. I've tried using a Nokia miniSD 128MB card and various microSD cards in an adapter (64MB, 2GB, 4GB) and NONE show up. All of these cards work with my PC.

I've searched the forums here and can't find any entry with this exact problem.

I did follow the 1.5 yr old thread here, and saw the following:

When typing this command:
ls /dev/mmc*
I got the following:
/dev/mmcblk0
/dev/mmcblk0p1
There's no entry for:
/dev/mmcblk1
Any ideas? Anyone?

Thanks, DF
MP3: Insignia NS-DV4G or IT/Canola

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by DistantFire View Post
Hi folks... old timer N800 owner now turned N810 owner with a problem: The External minSD in my tablet doesn't show up at all. I've tried using a Nokia miniSD 128MB card and various microSD cards in an adapter (64MB, 2GB, 4GB) and NONE show up. All of these cards work with my PC.

I've searched the forums here and can't find any entry with this exact problem.

I did follow the 1.5 yr old thread here, and saw the following:

When typing this command:
ls /dev/mmc*
I got the following:
/dev/mmcblk0
/dev/mmcblk0p1
There's no entry for:
/dev/mmcblk1
Any ideas? Anyone?

Thanks, DF
This worked for me: Have external card slot empty. Make sure Virtual Memory is off, and keep it off. Use File Manager to format internal 2GB (after backing it up). Reboot. Once tablet is running fine, put an external card in the slot.

Good luck!

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Took me a while to try, but still no luck. In the meantime, I've reverified that the hardware in the chain (microSD, miniSD adapter, SD adapter) work fine. At this point, I have to guess the external memory slot is damaged in some way. (Bummer, since I just got an 8gb card for it.)
MP3: Insignia NS-DV4G or IT/Canola

This sounds stupid, but pushing it in harder worked for me.