Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
and you also can have 821489643 different alarms on android so........
If the alarm is such a big deal that needs half a page of ranting then better just put that in a drawer
Just wait until one of 635 assistants start asking stuff because it recognized some pattern

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
One question. How much battery drain overnight when phone is idle?
Barely noticable. will check for you this night.
From what percentage do you want to start the test 100% or the safe 80% i set the battery manager to stop currently?

On the high demand side, navigating with no charger plugged in is also very possible. I drove home yesterday and only noticed 3% drop from 68% to 65% on the 18 minutes drive.
Forgot to plug in charger, noticed at home.
No idea if that means interpolated ~600 minutes navigation with OLED on?? That sounds too fantastic.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I have also tried to find osso-notes style app, but haven't find it yet. Although you said somewhere that you write a lot, which means you're perhaps looking for a different app than me. I'd like to have a simple app to write down simple things I should remember. For example I tend to write down tools/accessories/spare parts what I should remember to buy before I go to my VW T3 garage for next time...
Script in terminal (no, seriously):
I made one working by subjects and writing the $1 into a text file after the date/time
Example
Code:
T3 "new tires for snow"
will write
Code:
2019 11 30 08:30
new tires for snow
at the end of a text file called, for example, t3_to_buy.txt

And I made one for each needs: shopping, diary, todo, scripting tricks, n900 tips...

If the terminal exist in android and the notion of "text file" (even file)...sorry, I am mean

The being-too-smart problem plagues the notes apps too. When you create a new note, the app asks what kind of note it is (memo, shopping list, etc), then you have to name the note and choose a color
So you file yourself for "them" so "they" don't have to do it later

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Yeah, it depends very much. Few days ago I installed AMOLED app which gives the so called n9 sneak peak screen. So you can have the clock and for example notifications to the otherwise black screen. I left it running overnight and actually slept over 11h that night.. Anyway it spent 45% of battery in 11h. Perhaps some optimization could be done for that, but still quite power hungry compared to normal about 5% battery usage overnight.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Barely noticable. will check for you this night.
From what percentage do you want to start the test 100% or the safe 80% i set the battery manager to stop currently?

On the high demand side, navigating with no charger plugged in is also very possible. I drove home yesterday and only noticed 3% drop from 68% to 65% on the 18 minutes drive.
Forgot to plug in charger, noticed at home.
No idea if that means interpolated ~600 minutes navigation with OLED on?? That sounds too fantastic.
Pretty impressive navigating! With my Mate 20 Pro I used navigation starting around 90% and ended at about 23% after a 5 hour drive from NYC to DC area.

Starting at 80% to test overnight drain sounds like a good idea! Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Starting at 80% to test overnight drain sounds like a good idea! Thanks!
tl;dr
It went down 7% from 80% in 8h 39m at zero screen use but all connectivity options on/idle.

The screenshots on android 9 (or only pro1?) are done with pressing volume down and power key same time.
I use accu battery to limit the max charge to 80% but it does not cut off the charging process. Only gives an audio signal for the user to plug out the charger.
It would be quite cool to have such a program on sfos if that really reduces battery wear by the amount the android app claims.

The false reported design capacity in 2nd screenshot is a known issue on pro1 and a user in FX forum gave a direct hint already how to fix it. Might be quickly solved. (sorry for not digging out the link)

Edit,
Just now saw the first screenshot yields quick charge information in the second row. The Pro1 battery charged from 35% to 80% in 25m using the original charger. I mainly charge in car with a regular 2A charger tho.
Attached Images

Last edited by mosen; 2019-12-01 at 11:25.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I use accu battery to limit the max charge to 80% but it does not cut off the charging process. Only gives an audio signal for the user to plug out the charger.
It would be quite cool to have such a program on sfos if that really reduces battery wear by the amount the android app claims.
There is Battery Notifier 2 on Sailfish. I thought there was even an application stopping the charge after the set threshold, but I cannot find it anymore. Maybe I made it up.

There is also Charger Control, which allows stopping the charge at a given threshold, but it does not seem to be maintained for latest SFOS version and new devices.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-01 at 12:52.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I don't quite understand why not just setting one alarm and changing the time every time you need to change it, as you would do with the old-fashioned alarm applications you are missing? Your description of what you need indicates that you would change the time every evening even with an application closer to your needs. Sure, a numeric keypad would probably be faster than the the circular sliders of SFOS, but since you have set dozens of distinct alarms already, why not just editing the same one all the time? This would avoid the clutter that seems to be one of your main concerns.

I don't think the SFOS alarm applications tries to outsmart the user, it just allows programming which days to use it, and turning it on or off regardless of the day. In my opinion this is very convenient, and don't want anything more complicated than that, but I did not feel that these extra features came at the cost of usability since if I cannot plan my wake-up times on a weekly basis, then I'll just use the alarm as I would with a simple one: set one to go off every morning, and adjust the time in evenings when need be.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
I meant that it's too slow and impractical to edit the time on existing alarm preset, so it'd be easier to make new one. I don't like the alarm setting interface with the graphical clock on Android/Sailfish, and actually Maemo's scrollable 'wheels' were the worst.

The alarm clock was an easy example for a problem which exists in nowadays smartphone era. There's other examples too, but right now I don't remember any. It is true that Sailfish isn't being too bad on this factor.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
I agree that there is a trend to make applications more complicated to the point that they need to collect your data without you knowing to better suit your needs before you even know you need it, just like Google and Amazon better know what I want to buy before I know I want to. And that is annoying, especially when there is actually data collection to make those features feasible. But for the clock example, or other "basic" applications, I think it's not that bad yet.

I am fully with you about the clock interface, and I agree that the Maemo way is even worse (says someone who loves Maemo). A simple numeric field edited by putting a cursor in it and typing with a keypad would be much simpler, but hey. Anyway, I'm not sure that making a new alarm in SFOS is simpler that editing one since you'd still have to go through the circular clock interface, the only difference is the long press to edit, but that would save the clutter of multiple useless alarms.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-01 at 23:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit