Posts: 94 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ Metro Detroit Michigan USA
Originally Posted by codeboy
My second 770 screen died within a week of me receiving it, and I noticed the screen flickered but only when the backlight was off.

I'm wondering if the buzzing leads to the flickering which then leads to the screen giving up ?

You mentioned the buzzing goes away at max brightness. That might explain why some 770's seem to last longer than others, I leave the brightness at about 50% as it comes out the box and my 2 770's have died within a week, others might run them at 100% brightness and so avoid the problem ?

Anyone with a 770 they have bought within the last month that is still OK despite running the screen at less than 100% brightness ?

I really wish Nokia would sort out this problem themselves. They have said nothing as far as I know about this hardware problem. If I've had 2 go this is a very common problem indeed.

This is interesting. I have two 770's, the first of which went to Huntsville today for the WSOD. Right at two weeks old. No buzzing sound and I left both of them at the factory brightness level of 50%. I hope it is an isolated case.

Peter

Last edited by Peter The Plumber; 2006-11-10 at 02:14.

seems to make the sound anywhere.
But disappear if I select 100% brightness, same problem as the others.