Hi!

Is it possible to stream media from my PC to the N800 over bluetooth, with mediastreamer or something?

Perhaps it's possible to stream over the internet? I don't have WiFi on the PC, but there is WiFi in the building... Anyone have any suggestions?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ziggamon View Post
Hi!

Is it possible to stream media from my PC to the N800 over bluetooth, with mediastreamer or something?

PPerhaps it's possible to stream over the internet? I don't have WiFi on the PC,
but there is WiFi in the building... Anyone have any suggestions?
It's possible. I did so once with my 770 where there was no wifi available. But you have to make a bluetooth network connection to your PC. wiki.maemo.org has step by step instructions for doing so. I believe making the bluetooth connection to the PC became easier with the N800.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Yesterday I connected n900 with a lg mobile via bluetooth, I did it a trusted device and it was able to stream my n900 and take whatever it want. I tried to stream the lg but in file manager there wasnt a choice below my device like when Im connecting to my pc and streaming files from it. Is there a way to make it work?

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Yesterday I connected n900 with a lg mobile via bluetooth, I did it a trusted device and it was able to stream my n900 and take whatever it want. I tried to stream the lg but in file manager there wasnt a choice below my device like when Im connecting to my pc and streaming files from it. Is there a way to make it work?
Any thought, solution or something else on my issue???